PDA

View Full Version : If you have a Kozy Carrier......

Jada2929
11-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Do you have a pocket on it? I FINALLY came up on the waiting list, and now for some dumb reason I am having an impossible time getting the site to load. I have to tell Kristi if I want a pocket or not, and I guess I am not sure if I do or not. DD is small enough in the KKFAP that I can toss things in the bottom if I need to, but generally I don't tote around too much. BUT, if you all have an opinion one way or another I would appreciate it!
TIA
Amanda

Momof3Labs
11-10-2004, 11:23 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet but ordered the reversible with no pocket. I just couldn't imagine how I would use it - anything I would put in it would be kind of lumpy against Colin (pacifier, toy, etc) since the carrier is pretty snug against the baby. Though I haven't seen how the pocket works; maybe it is baggier and that isn't an issue. But then it wouldn't seem as sleek to me. I probably didn't help much, sorry...

new_mommy25
11-12-2004, 04:56 AM
I ordered it with no pocket because I couldn't possibly imagine what I would stick in there. Of course now I regret not having one! I mostly use front carry and it would be nice to have a pocket to stick my keys in for a quick trip. I think you will be happy either way. I use the Kozy almost 100% over my other slings.

kensjen
11-12-2004, 10:33 AM
I didn't get a pocket...mainly because I got the Kozy for the back carry option, and I wouldn't be able to reach it anyway! It looks like a thin slip pocket, so I don't think you could fit too much...maybe get a small wristlet that you can clip on to your kozy?
Congrats on making it to the top of the list!

kristenk
11-12-2004, 02:05 PM
I got a pocket, but it was mainly b/c I liked the way it looked with a pocket better! I haven't actually used it *as* a pocket, yet, though. I think that there would be plenty of room to slip keys, tissues, etc. in and I don't think they would bother the baby at all. Quite frankly, I just forget to use the pocket and we've been using the Moby lately. I'll have to give the pocket a try soon... :)

tarahsolazy
11-12-2004, 02:17 PM
I have a pocket. I got mine outside of the list, so I didn't pick my fabric. I emailed Kelley about seconds, but she had an extra "first" so I just bought it. I have a fabric covered Kozy, the pattern is Winkler, and it has a Winkler pocket. The pocket is acutally helpful when you use it in front carry, and its nicely pleated, sort of, so the stuff doesn't poke the baby. But, if you forget you have stuff in the pocket, it can fall out as you take your kid out of the carrier. I love my Kozy, I just wish I had a different fabric.

DebHgn
11-16-2004, 01:26 PM
I have the pocket, but I prefer at this point to tie around baby's back, so hard to access pocket. I don't consider it a must have.