PDA

View Full Version : Help! Too many decisions!!

dueinoctober
11-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Hello,
I am trying to decide which carrier to get... thinking a Hug-A-Bub. I have an active Bjorn but looking for something:
-Small, easy to travel with
-Can breastfeed if needed
-Easy to put in and pull out of

I love the premaxx Special Edition but haven't heard rave reviews. Is Hug-A-Bub the way to go? Is there only one way for an infant to fit in? My baby is 2 weeks old..
Thanks!

TereasaT
11-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi,

I want to say that I have a Hug-a-Bub for my now 7 week old and I love it. It is so snuggly and comfortable. It is also very poppable so I just tie it on in the morning and put him in and out as needed throughout the day. I usually also tie it on before I go out because the ends would drag on the ground if I tried to tie it in a parking lot. This would work for travelling, also.

It is quite a bit of fabric so it can be overwhelming at first, but it is quite easy to learn their tying method. For a 2 week old, you can use the cradle position and the tummy to tummy position. You can nurse in both positions, but it is so much easier with a nursing cropped top or a low v neck top rather than dealing with lifting your shirt from your waist.

I don't really love the look of it on. My husband calls it the octopus wrap, but the positives outweigh that.

Hope this helps,
Tereasa

tarahsolazy
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
The only problem with air travel and wraps is that they make you undo it at security. People were staring as I unwrapped 6 yds of Moby wrap from around me! The hassle, not the staring, has led me to stop using this type of carrier for travel. I do love the stretchy wrap, though. Another nice option would be a simple pouch sling, from www.hotslings.com The stretchy ones are great, and pack down to burp cloth size in the dipe bag.

Although I have ten baby carriers, I cannot BF in a sling, so I can't help you there. I just take him out and BF any old place, anyway, and its very discreet.