PDA

View Full Version : Gift for friend: Hotsling or KKAFP/KKACP, fleece or cotton?

AvasMama
11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Hi,
I convinced my Bjorn-devoted friend to try a sling for her second baby and told her I would buy her a sling. What would you recommend for a first-time, somewhat unconvinced sling user? Would you get cotton or fleece?

I sent her links to the hotsling and KK sites and she liked both, but left it up to me what to get.

I am a little hesitant about the hotslings (which I have and love) because of the fit -- she's 9 months pregnant so it's hard for her to get a good measurement.

Robyn & Ava

Momof3Labs
11-29-2004, 07:46 PM
I really like adjustable slings because it is so much easier to get a good fit. If you live in a cold climate and she is having a winter baby, I'd go with a KKAFP. Otherwise I'd go with a KKACP.

squimp
11-30-2004, 01:26 AM
I can't help on the hotsling.

But between the KKACP and KKAFP I'd get the fleece unless you're in a super warm climate. The shoulder area is double-folded on the cotton sling, and many folks here, myself included, have found that uncomfortable.

TereasaT
11-30-2004, 02:03 AM
I would go with an adjustable sling at first. I had to change my Hotslings pouch twice because I was pregnant when I measured and then I lost the pregnancy weight really quickly. My KKAFP's adjustability was heavenly. The KKAFP does get hot, although, I haven't heard too many positive reviews about the KKACP.

Tereasa