PDA

View Full Version : most comfortable ring sling??

kaylinsmommy2
12-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Please help! I'm interested in my first ring sling (I have a pouch and a mei tai and a mei hip carrier). I'm not sure what I'd like exactly. DD is 6 months and we use the hip carry, but I'd like something that maybe we can nurse in and maybe carry her if she's asleep? I'm not entirely sure. Or will I not get any use out of it since we mostly do hip carries now? (although, I do plan on having more babies eventually, so I think it will get used).
Most imortant is the shoulder of the sling, and I know there are many different kinds. I like my mei hip carrier and pouch because the fabric cups the shoulder very comfortably. Any suggestions for a similar type ring sling?
Also, do I want lightly padded or unpadded??
I have been debating an EllaRoo lightly padded or a Zolowear sling.

See what you've done to me? I'm so addicted to slings now - I already bought 3 (well, I bought 6, but I currently own 3) slings in only 3 months! Ack! Now I want another one!

Thanks for any help!!
Caroline

new_mommy25
12-02-2004, 05:55 AM
I prefer unpadded but that's just my personaly preference. It's a cleaner look.

I have tried many slings and these are what I found most comfortable - Zolo, Maya wrap, and Reverand Jan.

Momof3Labs
12-02-2004, 07:09 AM
I prefer unpadded, also, and used a ring sling exclusively in the hip carry position when Colin was 6 months and older. I like the Zolo, but like Reverend Jan's sling almost as well and it is about a third of the price (www.sleepingbaby.net). Jan is amazing to work with, too!

egoldber
12-02-2004, 08:00 AM
I have a Zolo and a Maya, and of the two I personally preferred the Maya.