PDA

View Full Version : Is there a sling that does not constrain a baby?

lenad
12-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Hello,

I have been reading your posts but am overwhelemed by the number of possibilities within slings and the inability to try them. So I hope you can help me.

My dd is currently 9.5wks old and weights 12lbs. I got the New Native Baby Carrier, which I find fabulously comfortable, but my dd doesn't like it. I think it is too constraining for her. She loves to face forward, kick her feet and move her arms. So when we carry her she is perfectly happy, but I put her in the sling and in 3 minutes she is in tears, desperately trying to stretch her legs. I have an Infantino front carrier but it kills my back, and I didn't want to shell out big bucks for Baby Bjorn which I couldn't use for very long.

If anyone has a suggestion for a sling that is not constraining and can be used both on a young infant and later, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

LD

Saartje
12-08-2004, 03:28 PM
You might want to try a wrap-style carrier, such as the Hug-a-Bub or the Moby Wrap. Mine lets my son wave his arms and legs freely, which he likes. It puts the baby in a similar position to that of a structured carrier like the Baby Bjorn, but it's more comfortable for the parent to wear, and because of its adjustability it can be used longer than structured carriers.

lenad
12-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Thanks so much! I had actually seen them when I started researching slings, but forgot about them as I loved simple pouches.

LD

Tina9544
01-03-2005, 12:25 AM
My DD is the same way - I am pretty much decided on the Hug A Bub.

new_mommy25
01-03-2005, 01:12 AM
You can do the the sitting cradle position in your New Native. That was my DS's favorite position for a long time. He also really liked Kangaroo carry which you can start when she has better head control.
http://www.peppermint.com/mayapouchcarry.htm
http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_how_cfp.shtml#1

TereasaT
01-03-2005, 01:22 AM
I just want to say that I love my Hug-a-bub and so does my DS. My DS is 3 months old and I have used the Hug-a-bub from pretty much the day he was born. It is so snuggly and comfortable. His naps sometimes are up to 5 hours in the Hug-a-bub. I have other carriers which I use, also, but nothing beats the Hug-a-bub for 2 shouldered, hands-free, snuggable comfort right now.

Tereasa

baronbride
01-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Where would I find a Hug a Bub? I've had some trouble searching for it online. Anyone have any links or know of retailers?

Alicia

Laurelsmom2002
01-03-2005, 02:19 PM
I got mine from cottoncradles.com - they were very fast and sent a video that was helpful.

TereasaT
01-03-2005, 04:06 PM
I got my Hug-a-Bub from cottoncradles.com, too. I think they are having a sale, too. Lisa from cottoncradles.com is wonderful! She can help you with any questions that you have. They also have a great return or exchange policy.

HTH,
Tereasa