PDA

View Full Version : FWIW - a big toddler in a Kozy front carry

Momof3Labs
12-16-2004, 03:26 PM
I used my Kozy a few times at Disney last week when Colin wouldn't walk or ride, and my arms were too tired to carry him. He's 31lbs and 39" tall, and I'm 5'4". Weight-wise, I was fine in the front carry. We were just knocking heads sometimes, and he wanted his arms to be more free than they were. But at his size, there are trade-offs!

Oh, and I don't like the back carry for a big toddler - the backpack is very uncomfortable and digs into my arms, and crossing the straps in front is only somewhat more comfy and is kind of embarrassing to walk around in.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18659.jpg

ginamlee
12-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Thank you for posting that terrific photo. I hope to wear Autumn for as long as possible, too!

TereasaT
12-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Love the picture! I've only really discovered babywearing with DS2, and I hope to wear him as long as he wants, too. I've even tried to put my DS1 who is 3 in some of my carriers now which is a sight to see as I'm only 5'2", and he's 40 pounds. He'll only last for about 2 minutes and then he wants down so he can walk on his own or play with his toys. Gosh, they grow up so fast!

Tereasa

tarahsolazy
12-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Such a tall, lanky boy you have, Lori. And, he looks so grown up these days. I'll still be wearing Fory at 31lbs, but he'll probably be 15 mo old and 29in, LOL!

new_mommy25
12-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Great pic Lori! Sometimes I fold the bottom of the Kozy before tying it around on my waist. Then it doesn't go up as high on DS's back and he can have his hands free. (does that make sense?)

marchmommy
01-09-2005, 06:10 PM
which kozy is this? i have the adjustable fleece pouch, which i love-although see my recent post on this--any advice on a newborn who is addicted to the pouch and won't sleep elsewhere?

Momof3Labs
01-09-2005, 08:49 PM
www.kozycarrier.com