PDA

View Full Version : Is my KKACP too small?

caridura
12-16-2004, 11:21 PM
I am new to slings and just got my new KKACP in the mail yesterday. :) I have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I have a couple of questions though if anyone can help.

First off, is there a special secret to getting baby in and out of it quickly and easily? I feel so awkward doing it! What is the best way to use it for a newborn? DD is 6 weeks old and small (she weighs under 7lbs at this point).

Secondly, I'm worried that I got a size too small. I measured myself according to the website's intructions. BUT, I have to wear the sling at the loosest snap position. Is your sling supposed to last you through when the baby is a toddler? Also, I am still losing PP weight, so maybe I can stick it out with the size Medium I have?

It's a bummer to have to exchange it and wait for another one, but I guess I'll do it if I truly need a larger size.

TIA!

TereasaT
12-17-2004, 02:34 AM
Since you just received the sling yesterday, you should continue to try and use the medium. You have 30 days to exchange it. I'm fairly new to babywearing, too, but I know that it took me awhile to discover that it was more comfortable on my shoulder and back to wear my baby higher. Also, if you are still losing postpartum weight, then the medium may be perfect in a couple of weeks.

Yes, you should be able to use the same pouch when your baby is a toddler. The reason being is a baby takes up the whole pouch when their whole body has to be in it. A toddler is able to fit because their legs and upper body are out of the pouch.

Check out the wearing instructions on hotslings.com. Kristen has some great photos of how you can wear your little one in the pouch. For a newborn, the cradle hold is wonderful. My little guy hated that position so I had to do the tummy to tummy hold because he liked to be vertical, and I used the outer rail to provide head support. Kristen also has pictures of her using the same pouch for both her infant and toddler.

HTH,
Tereasa