PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order an MNM pouch from Ebay?

quinnsmom
12-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Has anyone ordered a MNM pouch from Ebay? I just won a bid on a beautiful 'painted desert' pouch (see attachment) and am so anxious to receive it - I just know my DS is going to love it!!!

I have done TONS of research on buying a baby carrier. I have only used the Baby Bjorn and 'the Ultimate Baby Wrap' by Parents of Invention (I bought this on amazon/babiesrus.com) We liked the Bjorn - but my son Quinn is just too big for it now (5 months almost 20 lbs) - his little legs seem like they are about to bust out of the leg holes. Although he liked the Ultimate Baby Wrap when he was a newborn - up to about 1 1/2 months - he would not tolerate it after that. I really wanted the Wrap to work for us - but I always felt like the straps weren't secured enough in the rings - like he could fall out at any moment - it just didn't feel sturdy. Maybe I was using it wrong.

After scouring this site and www.thebabywearer.com among many other individual carrier/sling/wrap sites - I decided i really wanted an MNM pouch (still thinking about Hotsling and Kozy Carrier as well-I think I may be getting addicted!)

Anyway - my question is - (hoping I'm not being insensitive) - if you have ordered a MNM pouch from ebay - about how long was your turn around time in receiving it? I know that Jen has so very much going on with her sons illness and IT IS the holidays. (She did disclose on Ebay that the item would not be delivered in a speedy manner due to her son's illness.)

...I am just SO EXCITED to get it - I want it yesterday!

I know from my research that Jen is a great person to deal with regarding her pouches - so I am not worried. I am just curious about experiences others have had. So I can have an idea - and stop checking my email for delivery info like a spaz every other second - as well as stop running to the window every time I hear a UPS or Mail truck. (I need a life! :7)

Thanks!

westchicagomom
12-23-2004, 02:34 AM
I recently (w/in the last month) did a BIN from her and it took about 2 weeks to get it. I was excited to get it also (just decided to try a sling now for my very clingy DD) and it was hard to wait, but her time to work is not predictable now. In those 2 weeks she had at least one unplanned trip to the ER and I think an overnight stay at the hospital.

However you may have some good luck as according to her most recent update things look pretty good and they are planning on staying at home to prevent Samuel from getting any germs from anyone as is counts are low.

It is a very pretty pouch and I hope you get it soon! I love the names she assigns to them - she is so creative!

quinnsmom
12-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the info Pam.

She is really creative with the names - and I love the different color combinations I have seen on the pocuhes on Ebay. They're gorgeous! There was a green one listed a few weeks ago that I fell in love with!

Happy Holidays!