PDA

View Full Version : What is a good carrier for use after c-section?

alaible
12-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi all,

I did baby wear with my first child. We started with a snugli before I learned about all the other cool carriers like slings, and ABC's. I now have 2 pouches, a maya ring sling, and 2 ABC's, a hip hammock, and an Ergo. Will one of those work well with an infant shortly after a c-section?

I really like our ABC's but I don't think that will be a good option right after a c-section due to having to tie it around your waist. I am thinking the pouch or ring sling would be a good choice to start with. But I have no experience using those with infants since I didn't try a ring sling with Paige until she was about 6 months old and at that point I mostly did the hip carry which I know won't work with an infant.

Any tips would be appreciated.

tarahsolazy
12-28-2004, 08:59 PM
I used an adjustable hemp fleece pouch, a Mom n me creations pea in the pod. I had no incisional pain using it just days after my unanticipated C/S. So, I vote pouch or ring sling.

TereasaT
12-29-2004, 06:17 PM
I think the maya ring sling will serve you well post-op because you will be able to adjust it to carry the baby really high off of your incision and tender abdominal muscles. If your pouches are well fitted to carry an infant high, then those would work, too.

Congratulations and good luck!
Tereasa

sugarsnappea
12-30-2004, 06:40 AM
I used a Zolo ring after my c-section, and it worked great. I was able to get a lot of things done while wearing the baby.