PDA

View Full Version : Moby question

mommy_someday
12-31-2004, 04:09 PM
My grandma got me a Moby wrap for Christmas and I've been practicing (with a stuffed animal) for when DS gets here - DH looks at me like I'm crazy... Anyway, on the very first step when you line up the logo in the front, do you fold the fabric in half? I didn't and it hangs down in front of me like an apron. I was wondering if I DID fold it in half, would it help for the cradle position? The directions for the cradle position say to make a pocket on either side of the pieces that cross in front. Hope this makes sense...

TIA!

npace19147
12-31-2004, 06:19 PM
I've never used the cradle position so I can't help there, but for the standard wrap carry you need to pull the logo part in the first step fairly tight across your waist (not so easy when you're pg and don't have a waist, I guess!). That will be providing the back support for the baby and esp with a newborn it's important to have enough support.

If you do a search on google there are some websites with fairly detailed instructions of how to tie the wrap on - I think www.cottoncradles.com is one.

Good luck with it - my DD loved the moby when she was little, fell asleep in it right away - it was a godsend. :)

tarahsolazy
12-31-2004, 08:39 PM
I did fold the fabric in half, because of the apron effect you describe. When DS was little, I used it folded most of the time. As he got bigger, I'd spread it out more. Here is DS and I with the Moby when he was five weeks old. He weighs about 13-14 lbs here... One shoulder is fanned out, the other folded, but the cummerbund is folded

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19084.jpg

lenad
01-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I just recently got a moby so had the same question (my DD is 3-mo though). If you fold the fabric it has a lot less give. I ended up doing it unfolded (you just bunch it up in the front), b/c I found it much easier to get my DD in and out of it that way. I don't use it in the cradle position though. The picture w/ one side folded and one open looks like a great idea for you.

LD