PDA

View Full Version : hotsling how long can I wear it?

mommabear
01-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I am thinking of getting a hotsling. I like that it is easy to use and has a good price. It also gets rave reviews. My question is how long should I be able to wear it each day before it gets uncomfortable?

rrosen
01-11-2005, 04:53 PM
The answer to that would depend on the weight of your child and your personal comfort level. When my daughter 10 months and younger I could wear her in the hotsling for a long time ( a couple of hours a few times) and be totally comfortable. Now that she is 16 months and weighs over 21 lbs, I am only comfortable for about a half hour. She is really active and does not stay still in the sling so, it puts a strain on my back after a while. I still find the pouch very useful for short trips and consider it money very well spent.

Kimberly H
01-11-2005, 07:20 PM
In the fall, I would wear Mia for a couple of hours at football games but she was asleep and I was sitting down on (uncomfortable) bleachers. My Hotsling was also too big!

I can still wear her for about an hour comfortably and she's 29.5 lbs. However, at 2 years old she's not going to stay in it that long unless she's asleep! ;)

mommabear
01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks! I will totally get one. If I enjoy it I will probably get a Kozy when baby gets older.