PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy an Ergo??

Emmas Mom
01-12-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm really wanting to get an Ergo cause DD is so clingy around dinnertime & I cannot cook while carrying her. I thought maybe an Ergo would be perfect so I can put her on my back. Is there a *best* place to buy them?? Or are they all the same price everywhere?

Also, when do you find yourself using a carrier. DD is almost 17 months (only 22 lbs) & we use her stroller in the malls & shopping cart cover in the grocery stores. Where else do you use your carriers? I'm just trying to justify the price to DH. ;) Thanks!

jlk_curious
01-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I priced checked them and they are all about the same price so I just bought it direct from Ergo from their website.

I just got the infant insert for my 6 week old so haven't quite taken it on the road yet, still figuring it out.

G/L, jen

kandc88
01-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I just ordered one yesterday from www.myfavoritebabycarrier.com, it was $89 shipping included. I could find it for 85 or so elsewhere, but they had a 90 day return policy that couldn't be beat.

crayonblue
01-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I couldn't find a "deal" on the Ergo, so I bought directly from the manufacturer.

I used the Ergo a lot more when Lauren was little (she is 13 months and about 20 lbs). I only use it now in the airport or when I HAVE to get dinner made and she is fussy.

Narry
01-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi, I saw one on eBay that went for $65. I am bidding on one right now... I hope I get it. Please don't outbid me! :)

I plan on using the carrier on outings like the zoo, and any other time I need to get things done both in and out of the house and need both hands, like unloading the car. I borrowed a friends, and I had to deliver a heavy helium tank. I had Parker on my back with the Ergo, and was able to handle the tank no problem.

Hope this helps!

Narry
Happy and proud mom to Parker, 17Dec2003

Narry
01-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi, I saw one on eBay that went for $65. I am bidding on one right now... I hope I get it. Please don't outbid me! :)

I plan on using the carrier on outings like the zoo, and any other time I need to get things done both in and out of the house and need both hands, like unloading the car. I borrowed a friends, and I had to deliver a heavy helium tank. I had Parker on my back with the Ergo, and was able to handle the tank no problem.

Hope this helps!

Narry
Happy and proud mom to Parker, 17Dec2003

Narry
01-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Oops, sorry for the dual post. My bad.

Emmas Mom
01-27-2005, 12:03 AM
I *think* I got lucky. I contacted MyFavoriteBabyCarrier & she had one that had been returned "faded but in good condition". She said she'd sell it to me for $44, so I got it. I'm not sure what the new ones look like but I like the one I got, so I'm happy! :D I'm also using it mostly at home when I'm making dinner & DD is wanting to be held. She goes over & gets her "pac pac" for Mommy. lol