PDA

View Full Version : Hotsling ot Kangaroo's fleece pouch

Oct. 04 mom
01-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Have a Baby Bjorn my 3-month-old son hates. I can't decide between the Hotsling or the KK fleece pouch. I'll use it mainly for shopping and NIP. Both get great reviews. Which one is the better investment?

toomanystrollers
01-17-2005, 08:17 PM
I own both and I prefer the KK fleece pouch plus you'll be able to resell it fairly easy :) I think the KK is much more comfortable and fits a wider range of body types where as the Hotsling can really be hit or miss.

HTH

Momof3Labs
01-17-2005, 08:34 PM
I much prefer the adjustability of the fleece pouch. A 3 month old fits in a pouch differently than a 1 year old, and the KKAFP adjusts over that range - the Hotsling does not.

hapahaolegirl
01-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I really like my hotsling. I have the padded stretch cotton one. I cannot imagine wearing fleece in the summer.
I used to hold my 4.5 month old DD in the cradle hold a lot but she has grown out of that hold. She doesn't like it anymore and the hotsling is just too tight to fit her in it now. I also hold her in the kangaroo hold sometimes but lately I've been holding her in the hip carry. I agree that if it was adjustable it would be nice but I'm not sure how many other holds I'd actually hold her in right now since she loves to look around.

Kristen

TereasaT
01-21-2005, 06:40 PM
I love both of them and couldn't choose between the two. I love my KKAFP because it is so snuggly and comfortable. My DS and I do find it very warm at times, especially if I'm indoors and moving a lot. I live in California so I don't plan on wearing it in the summer at all. I also love the KKAFP because of its adjustability with different clothes, different positions, and sharing a pouch with someone else.

I also love my Hotslings pouches for carries inside, and I know it will be great for summer. I also love the streamlined look of it as compared to the KKAFP with the snaps. The difficult thing will be getting the perfect fit, but Kristen is great at helping you choose a size. I also find that there are certain positions where I can't get my DS in the pouch as he grows so the adjustability and nature ofthe fabric of the KKAFP comes in handy. If you do get a Hotsling, I highly recommend the leg padding and a fabric that is the same on the reverse or a reversible Hotsling as it looks better if doing shoulder flips.

Tereasa

myhannahbear
01-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I don't have a KK but I do have a Hotslings fleece pouch and I LOVE it. You can always fold the shoulder down if you want it tighter. I LOVE it. If you get the Hotsling fleece you'll be able to afford another non-fleece sling in the summer - and you'll need one.