PDA

View Full Version : Help! I can't get my baby in the KKAFP!

jse107
01-19-2005, 12:06 PM
OK, maybe I'm really slow, but I just got a KKAFP for Christmas and am very excited to be able to use it. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to manuever my 5 month old in and out of it. How do you do it yourself? Do I maybe have it snapped too tight? Plus, when I try to put him in with his legs folded he just tried to stand up in it! Arg! I really, really want this to work, but I'm not sure how to do it!

From those of you who have BTDT can you help?!

quikeye
01-19-2005, 02:28 PM
What a nice xmas present! :)

I pretty much only use the sling myself-- sometimes I'll have DH help me pull fabric or help me get babe out if my hands are occupied, but I like doing it myself-- feels more secure.

What kind of carries are you trying? You said babe's legs are folded-- I'm assuming the kanga carry? Some babes don't like having their legs reined in-- mine went thru a phase where his legs had to be dangling out, even though he didn't have excelelnt head control & was only sitting cradle-style. Since yours wants to "stand", have you tried keeping him vertical in a hip or tummy to tummy carry? That way he can't really push against you with his legs when he's in it.

When I wear my kkafp, it's relatively a snug fit against my body-- not tight, but as loose as I'd wear say a shirt or a close fitting jacket. The kkafp has a great stretch, so there's no need to put it on tight-- the key for me is to have it close to my body & then PULL at the front rail's fabric, opening up a place for babe to sit.

Take a look at some of the positions I carry my son in (in a mom and me, but it's an adjustable pouch like the kkafp)-- let us know what kind of carry you're trying, and any other questions you may have :) KK also has good CS, you may want to email her & ask specifics since she'll know her carriers best! :) Good luck!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=62&topic_id=6584&mode=full&page=