PDA

View Full Version : Which wrap for "fluffy" mom?

Nora
01-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm a size 18 and am just curious about wraparound carriers that do not tie around the waist - but a little higher? I saw one Mom with one that fit over her shoulders, X'ed in the back and then tied mid back? It was pretty flattering for a plus sized Mom. Wondering what it was and if that will actually stay on my shoulders?

mams99
01-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll be eagerly waiting response too as I'm a 18/20 and I don't want to look like a woman cut in half at the waist! :-)

Melissa

EDD #2 5/1/05, #1 is 8.5!!!

Nora
01-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm wondering if 'any' wrap will work and if I just have to find out the way to tie it how I saw it?

I just started researching slings/wraps and maybe some of the slings out there will work as well for my size. I just hate anythign cuttign me in half like you said!! I'm actually liking this one, but do not know if it will work? http://store.peppermint.com/ellaroo-open-sling.html It's the EllaRoo Lightly Padded Baby Sling.

trumansmom
01-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Have you been to www.mamatoto.org? They have lots of directions for different ways to tie a wrap. I'm also "fluffy", and discovered that a wrap really wasn't for me. After trying both stretchy and woven wraps, I've gone back to a Maya Wrap and am quite happy with it.

Also, here is a great article discussing one plus size mom's experience with different wraps/slings/pouches. I found it to be really helpful and very accurate. http://www.thebabywearer.com/articles/WhatToO/PlusSizes.htm

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Nora
01-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks Jeanne - I actually visited that site last night and was pointed to that exact article. It was VERY helpful. But, it seems the more I learn the more confused I get! I just wish I could order everything, try it and then decide. I'm debating between a Sachi Ring Sling, an Ellaroo Open Sling (lightly padded), a Zolo or Taylormade at the moment.

toomanystrollers
01-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Nora,
I wear my Kozy with the straps tied high under my breasts - eliminates the unslightly inner tube effect LOL and I find it much more comfortable.

HTH