PDA

View Full Version : Question for Baby Bjorn Users

lmarcam
01-25-2005, 03:00 PM
I am trying to use my baby bjorn with my daughter who is almost a month old. She meets the minimum weight and height requirements. However, even with the head support straps at their tightest and the back straps tightened as much as I can, there is still room for her head to flop forward onto my chest. This doesn't bother her (she just falls asleep), but makes me nervous. Am I doing something wrong, is she still too young for the carrier, or is this how it is suppose to work?

dotgirl
01-25-2005, 03:24 PM
I started carrying my DS in the baby bjorn at about a month, and it didn't keep his head tight against my chest. However, it didn't flop around *too* much .. I was still nervous, though, so I tended to keep one hand sort of .. near. Just in case.

RwnMayfair
01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Taran's head did the same thing when we used the Baby Bjorn right after he was born (he met the requirements at birth). Basically, he just spent his time with his head resting on my or my husband's chest most of the time. It's not a big deal, that's how it's supposed to work. Taran never noticed when his head moved, and we were basically just careful not too move really quickly. I'm pretty sure the head support is there to "catch" and support the baby's head if you lean forward and the baby's head falls back, not keep it from moving at all. :) (Though I suppose it could keep it from moving at all if you had a baby with a big enough head.)

So it sounds like you're doing just fine with it. :)

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif - Thirteen months and counting!

Sillygirl
01-27-2005, 05:00 PM
I started carrying Jonathan in the Bjorn at two weeks of age. For the first eight weeks or so I didn't put his amrs through the holes. Instead, I let him fold his arms in and rest his face on his hands. I never wore the Bjorn around the house, though. We just took long walks outside in it, so I was always pretty focused on his positioning. But with his arms inside the Bjorn that filled up the space and his head was pretty snug. If you're nervous, that might be one option. HTH.

american_mama
02-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I used Bjorn with my older daughter from a few weeks of age and my younger daughter from birth. Like the PP, I don't put her arms through, but yes, there is still a lot of room for the head to go back and forth, especially since I wear it indoors and am turning corners, twisting around, bending down, etc. Her head can bobble around a lot, but I don't think it can cause injury and doesn't bother her in the least. I don't worry about it unless I am bending down, in which case I automatically put up on arm to keep DD from possibly falling out.