PDA

View Full Version : TO DIsney with 8mos. Old TWINS and TODDLER HELP!

hobzoo
01-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi

we are off to Disney next week and I just started panicking ...a little. When we take dd 2yo into an exhibit , ride, that we will also bring the babies into (8mos. old) ...and leave the stroller outside, WIll I need two carriers to wear? I have a Baby Bjorn...never really used it though...but only have one ...do I need to get another ...

Babies each weigh 17 lbs...Are they already too old for carriers? or is their one made for an older baby.?

Any suggestions are welcome..
Thanks
Karen

betsydenny
01-31-2005, 08:12 AM
IMO you are goign to be miserable using the bjorn. Your babies are big and that is a lot of weight on your shoulders that your body isnt used to. Not sure how much money you want to spend but I have an Ergo that I love- can be worn front or back which is great. but they are about $90 each.

Another solution might be a hip hammock. I used one with my DD for a long time- in fact she is 2 and still fits tho she is a bit heavy now. THe hip hammock isnt as comfy as the Ergo however, it is easy on and off, easy to pop the kids in and out and they are much cheaper- mayb $35ish?

Good luck! Can't wait till mine are old enough to enjoy Disney!
Betsy

Momof3Labs
01-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Do you need carriers? No, but you do have to hold the babes in your arms, and sometimes this is 15-20 minutes or more, depending on crowds and the length of the show or ride. A carrier makes it much easier and will free up your hands to help your 2 year old. How about two hotslings (www.hotslings.com) - one sized for you and one sized for your DH? They are inexpensive and very popular, great for the hip carry position.

sarahs
01-31-2005, 10:38 AM
We did this trip in Nov with our 6mo old twins and 2.5 yr old ds. I brought a padded Hotsling for me and the Bjorn for dh. He would never wear a sling or pouch. I've tried to wear both babies at once (at home), one in a ring sling and one in a pouch, and it is very hard to get them situated with everyone comfortable. I would not recommend it at all.

Also, you need to be able to work quickly getting everyone out of the stroller and into line before your older child has time to escape or has a fit because she wants to ride Dumbo RIGHT NOW! I can get a baby in and out of the pouch (or ring sling) really quickly, but it did take me some time to master it. If you are going to buy one, get it now and practice a lot before you leave.

Crowds shouldn't be too bad at Disney right now, so waits won't be that long for rides. Dh preferred to carry his baby rather than wear her in the Bjorn unless it was going to be a really long wait. I preferred the pouch because my arms get tired with a hot, wiggly baby in them!

Have fun on your trip!

hobzoo
01-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi

and thanks everyone...I did look at that site for HOtslings....and NO WAY my dh won't wear it ..."he's too manly" or so HE thinks. WHen I told him last night that we should bring baby carriers for Disney..he asked if we could "talk about it tomorrow" LOL ...putting it off .that's my Dh...

Anyway, I was looking into the double baby carrier ...but I guess that could get heavy...Sounds like a lot of people like the HOtslings..it did look a little tricky though, to use...

Karen

P.s. Some people are calling me crazy to take the 2 babies and dd to disney ...so glad to see you did it in the same position ...thanks!

Jenni-ca
01-31-2005, 05:04 PM
I have two year old twins and a 6 month old baby, and am so impressed that you are doing Disney. I live in Southern California, and still have not had the courage to try that one yet.

I also would recommend a pouch or something of that sort. My youngest is a clinger, and I have tried all sorts of carriers to hold him and chase after my other two. So far I would say the best bet is some sort of pouch. I have the kkafp, and it is so versatile depending on whether ds wants to sleep, look around, etc. I have even carried the two year olds in it. I definitly don't recommend trying to wear both twins at once though. Way too heavy.

Have a great trip.