PDA

View Full Version : Best Carriers for NIP

getbusyliving
01-31-2005, 04:20 PM
I would really like to use something other than the Bjorn (which we used with DS) for this baby. I would like something that is very easy to nurse in public with. I have an OTSBH, but I hate the fabric I got and I'm not sure I like the ring look.

I really like the looks of the Mammas Milk slings - so I'd really appreciate hearing anyone's experience with NIP in this.

Any thoughts to help this newbie navigate carriers would be very much appreciated!!!

new_mommy25
01-31-2005, 06:14 PM
IMHO the best combonation is a ring sling with a nursing shirt. I really like the Maya or Zolo. Also, a longer tail helps if you aren't wearing a nursing shirt because you can use it to cover your belly (since you will be hiking your shirt up).

In the beginning I wasn't sure I would like a ring sling just because of the whole tail aspect. I solved that problem by just tucking the tail up underneath the rings (does that make sense). I can't tell you how many people have approched me and told me how beautiful they thought my slings were. They really are a good thing :)

Let me know if you have anymore questions. I also recommend you checking out http://www.thebabywearer.com

getbusyliving
01-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks! I have checked out that site and boy, are there a lot of slings out there!!!

There are some really gorgeous zolo slings. Is there a pocket in the tail part? What do you use it for? Did you get a cotton one? TIA!

new_mommy25
01-31-2005, 09:04 PM
There is a zippered pocket in the tail of Zolo. It was generous enough to carry my wallet and keys. Great for quick trips into a store! It also has metal ring you can hook toys on to. I had a red cotton and loved it very much. I only sold it to a sponser my cloth diaper addiction :) I still regret it every now and again.