PDA

View Full Version : Mei Tai - Major Back Pain - Help!

gel
02-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Hi - At long last I have a mei tai in my possession. A new Sachi (really really pretty). I have been very excited to put my 5 month old daughter on my back. She is HEFTY - soon to be six months old and 20 lbs! I have been carrying her in a hugabub since birth and thought the transition to my back would be pretty smooth. Not smooth! I put it on and her in it, no problem and then went for about a mile long walk. Today I can barely move! My upper back and neck are a mess. Are these muscles that I need to build up? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just not for me? Did anyone overcome thise problem? Thanks, Gabriella

Momof3Labs
02-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I can't do a back carry with my 31lb 2 year old. Did you strap her on VERY snugly? Did you walk and stand normally while carrying her, or did you compensate and hunch over?

gel
02-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Hmmm. Maybe it could have been tighter. And yres, I probably started hunching over. OK, I will remedy these things and try again. Thanks!

pittsburghgirl
02-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Definitely get that snug, snug, snug so you don't have to hunch. I have trouble getting DS in a snug enough back carry when I'm out and about but can do it when I'm at home and going for a walk. I just sit on the couch so I don't need to worry about dropping him (he weighs 24#) and really pull it tight.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png