PDA

View Full Version : new to slings....? about KKAFP

ACE1048
02-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi-
I am new to the use of carriers. I have a Baby Bjorn which my 8 week old fussy son hates and always has an a KKAFP which he has only recently begun to like.

I carry him in tummy hold and can almost always walk or sway him to sleep like this, which is wondrful since he is a terrible napper. However, I wondr how comfy he really is? When I pop him out, he often has marks on his skin from where clothing was crushed against him. /is that normal. Also, I find it very difficult to keep his legs tucked in front of him. He tends to want to splay them to the side.

Finally, I am considering cradle hold, but it seems that I need to loosen the pouch to comfortably achieve this. Does that soind right? Currently I wear him in a size medium in he smallest setting,
Thanks for your help,
Aleida
Mom to Noah, 8weeks and 1 day

JLiebCamm
02-06-2005, 04:41 PM
As far as your baby's comfort, I would say that if he is content in the sling his position or clothing must not be bothering him. Babies definitely fuss when something is making them uncomfortable!

I'm not sure about the cradle carry. I don't loosen my sling for different carries and it's not a problem for me.

I wish I could be of more help!

JacksMommy
02-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I agree that if your baby is uncomfortable, he will let you know! So don't worry too much about that.

I can see needing to loosen the pouch for cradle hold, although I suspect that once you get used to getting DS into it, you probably won't need to loosen it due to the amount of stretch in the sling. But I wouldn't worry that you are doing it wrong just because you need to loosen it. If it feels comfortable and it works, you're doing it right!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04