PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find info on workshops or places to try slings on IRL in NJ?

jennifer_r
02-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I am really trying to get this sling thing to work (even though it's only been a couple of weeks). I have an OTSBH (someone recommended it but now I see from my own research that alot of people don't like it) and I've mostly tried facing out position for my 5.5 month old. She doesn't seem too crazy about it but it might be that I'm doing it wrong or the it the time of day. I alway seem to try in the early evening when she's crankier but maybe I should get her used to it when she's in a better mood. She also seems so squished in that position but maybe she's supposed to be that way. I think I need to see how other people put them on and see what I am doing wrong but I went to Babywearer and couldn't find any workshop info in my area. It seems that particular board doesn't get updated that often - am I looking in the wrong area on that website?. I was also thinking of getting another sling (I really like the look of the Hotsling) but I think I should learn how to use one before I start purchasing more.

So how does one get info on workshops or places to try one on? I've done a search on Yahoo and came up with nothing.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/url] 5 months and counting!

jennielh73
02-09-2005, 01:35 PM
I was able to find resources on babywearer.com. they were VERY helpful!!!!

npace19147
02-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Where in NJ are you located? If it's in South Jersey I might know someone who could help you. Otherwise, go back to the Babywearer website and try posting on the "Using your Babycarrier" board, it seems to get a lot of traffic.