PDA

View Full Version : Quick on/off carrier, but not a sling or pouch

hudsonam
02-17-2005, 08:28 PM
I have two pouches and a wrap carrier, but one pouch needs to be altered and the other isn't working for us. I'm flying solo with my baby who will be a month old when we fly (next week). I can't use the wrap carrier in the airport because it will be too difficult to get on and off going through security. Are Snuglis and Bjorns easy to get on and off? I'm assuming there isn't much to them, but I don't know. Is the Snugli a worthwhile purchase since it's so cheap? I'm not a fan of either one, so I'd hate to spend around $100 or more on a Bjorn. I'll need this in a week, so I don't know if I can order anything online or not, like the Ergo. Is the Ergo quick and easy to put on and off for a novice? TIA!

pittsburghgirl
02-17-2005, 08:54 PM
The Ergo is pretty quick on the front. I tried one and it didn't work for me, my hips are too wide and I'm too short waisted, the wide hip belt kept riding up and jamming my ribs.

I never tried the Snugli, although I have seen people using it so it can't be that awful. I had a standard (not active) Bjorn and it was pretty quick on/off although if they make you take it all the way off (which they probably will if you don't have somewhere to put the baby (e.g. stroller or infant seat) I think it would be pretty awkward to get on and off holding the baby. Same would go for the Ergo, though, I don't think I could get the carrier on one-handed while holding baby. Are you only planning on wearing the baby or will you have a stroller or car seat?

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

hudsonam
02-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I will be pushing him in a Snap N Go, but he doesn't like being in the infant seat unless I'm moving or he's sleeping, so I want to have a carrier just in case. I think they make you take it off and put it through the xray machine.

Thanks for the info!