PDA

View Full Version : hotsling vs new native

neocorgi
02-20-2005, 05:42 PM
what are your thoughts between the 2 slings -- hotsling and new native? which one is a better choice? i'm a newbie and my DD is only 1 month old. i really want something that's easy and comfortable to wear.

TIA

new_mommy25
02-20-2005, 06:41 PM
I think they are pretty much the same in that they are non adjustable pouches. Hotsling has the advantage IMO in that they have way cooler fabric selections.

npace19147
02-20-2005, 07:01 PM
I've had both and IMO there is no comparison - the hotsling wins hands down. The cotton twill hotsling has stretch to it which makes for a much comfier carrier. Just make sure you get the size right, it makes all the difference. If you're not sure email Kristen at hotslings, she was very helpful to me in choosing a size.

nfowife
02-20-2005, 07:42 PM
I agree with the PP. I haven't had my baby yet, but tried my friend's NN with her baby, and it didn't fit well but the stretch factor makes a huge difference in the comfort level. Plus the hotslings have a padded leg rail (very small amount of padding that is not bulky at all) for when your baby is old enough for hip carry. Kristen is fabulous to work with and really helps get the right size! I can't wait to use my hotsling with my new baby!

neocorgi
02-20-2005, 08:00 PM
how about Kangaroo Korner?? i'm in Southern Cali, so i'm thinking the fleece would be too warm during the summer months.

so here's the question --> among the 3 -- New Native, Kangaroo Korner and Hotsling -- what would you recommend to a newbie mom with a 1 month old. thanks

npace19147
02-20-2005, 09:03 PM
I'd still go with the hotslings. A lot of people love the KKAFP, but I found it too warm. I have "temperature control issues" :) and both DD and I got overheated in the fleece. I just sold mine, in fact. But I love the hotsling. And I agree on the padded leg rail - we primarily use it for hip carry and it is very comfy.

lenad
02-20-2005, 09:13 PM
I had a New Native and returned it. The sizing instructions are not good, and they are not helpful about it (Kristen from Hotslings is). Hotslings has better fabrics and the padded rail, which I really like.

http://www.mammasmilk.com also makes adjustable pouches, from cotton. You might want to check those out.

LD

egoldber
02-20-2005, 10:53 PM
I personally love the fabrics used by the Maya Wrap folks. They also have an adjustable cotton pouch: www.mayawrap.com

HTH,

new_mommy25
02-21-2005, 04:39 PM
I had a Maya Pouch but was always slightly uncomfortable in it. The zipper used to dig into my shoulder in a wierd way and I couldn't get it comfortable. Lately I have just been sewing my own pouches with a padded rail and I have been having alot of fun picking diffrent fabrics and trims.