PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel...

npace19147
02-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Like we just keep repeating the same thing over and over again? Hotsling, KKAFP, MMIAP, wraps, etc...

Any interest in creating a thread with general info and pinning it so newbies can find information easily?

SashaBear
02-24-2005, 11:57 AM
I think that sounds like a good idea. This and strollers are very overwhelming with so many different options. I think it should also include a link to thebabywearer.com. I found that sight very helpful. I think the post should have some pics in it as well!

pittsburghgirl
02-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Maybe the Fields would pin a "101" topic like the baby butts board has. I see the same questions posted here over and over, I think because people either don't know how to search or the threads are too buried.

A general thread with a description of each type of carrier, examples and then links would be great.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

npace19147
02-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I just sent an email to the Fields to find out how we go about setting up this thread and pinning it.

Thanks for the feedback - I was starting to wonder if I was the only one! :)

Saartje
03-03-2005, 01:07 PM
While I think the 101 thread was certainly needed (THANK YOU, AIJA for creating it!), I think posting about how repetitive the questions are is counterproductive. I don't blame you for this post, because I do know what you mean, but I want to make the point to anyone new that they should absolutely not be afraid to post their question just because it might be seen as repetitive.

Post away! Anyone who sees your post as repetitive need not read or answer it; and maybe that way you can get some fresh advice.

npace19147
03-03-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree with your main point, that people should not be afraid to post and ask questions. Certainly that was not the intent of my original post! Hopefully now with the 101 thread people can get an idea of what they want and ask more specific questions.

I tend to not always "filter" as well as I might, particularly after a long day with DD, so I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post.

Saartje
03-04-2005, 04:03 AM
Nancy, I was afraid I didn't filter as well as I'd like in my above post, so it's good to know I'm in good company. ;) I wouldn't have responded to this at all if I hadn't seen at least one person mention that they were hesitant to post for fear of being repetitive (not of themself, but of other posts in general)... so I don't think it's a matter of being offended, but of not leaving people afraid they will offend. I think you're doing fine!

npace19147
03-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Yes, I saw that post as well and felt badly. I just edited my original post in this thread to take out the "repetitive" comment so hopefully that will take care of it!