PDA

View Full Version : HELP What carrier to use in the Airport??

todzwife
02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Dallin and I are flying in a couple weeks w/out DH (going to visit him in San Antonio) DH is taking the suitcase, stroller, P&P, etc. so all I will need to bring will be the LE Diaper Bag BACKPACK and the LL BEAN diaper bag tote thing...(the powder blue one :D) Since DH Is taking the stroller, and Dallin doesn't walk very fast yet, I will need to wear him in the airport. I have:
Kozy Carrier- AWESOME carrier- I could wear him on my front, backpack on my back and bag over my shoulder... BUT it's not the fastest to get on and I *think* I have to take him out when we go through security...

KKACP- Fast, easy lightweight, comfy. I think this may be my first choice

Taylormade ring sling- beautiful, easy, comfy now that we are getting it! Highly adjustable- can cover his face w/ the tail and play peek a boo (he loves that!) Takes up a little more space, but not much.

New Native pouch- non adjustable. Fast and easy- no the most comfy.

HOW do I wear a backpack w/ a pouch/sling?? What should I bring? I was acutally thinking to bring the Kozy and the Taylormade...taylormade can be used as a blanket too. Kozy would be nice when we have a layover in Dallas...I dunno- any tips?

new_mommy25
02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I think you should bring the Kozy and the Taylormade. The Kozy is really nice if you have to wear Dallin for a long time like your layover. The ring sling is easier to nurse in and you have the whole peek a boo thing going.

Both are much easier to wear with a backpack than a KKACP is because of the shoulder design. I have worn a back pack with a ring sling anytime.

You will almost certainly need to remove Dallin from the ring sling while going through security.

Are you bringing a carseat? Even if you are not buying a seat there is a good chance you might be able to bring the carseat on the plane. If I were you I would bring the carseat and the stroller. What I do is I put the car seat into the stroller (we have a P3), throw the backpack on top (much easier on you shoulders!), then push the stroller and wear the baby. Plus that way if you get really tired of carrying Dallin during the layover you can put him in the stroller. I used to do this all the time with a Britax Marathon and it was doable. We just recently bought a Cosco Touriva for travel and I am in heaven. That thing is so lightweight! Just my .02.

Momof3Labs
02-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Not only will you have to take him out through security, but you will also have to take the carrier off. So pick something that is easy to slip on and off when juggling everything else through security (like a pouch instead of a mei tai).

tarahsolazy
02-22-2005, 09:53 AM
I second Angie's recs, Shandelle. I flew with DS alone several times in the last few months. I take my Silver Cross Mini, my Kozy, and a diaper backpack. Oh, and 25lb, non-walking DS. I would put Fory in the stroller, carseat on my back like a backpack, and backpack on stroller handles. Take baby out for security check, blah, blah, then, put carseat in stroller, backpack on carseat, baby in Kozy. I can get him in the Kozy almost as fast as a ring sling, front or back. If you aren't needing the carseat, a light umbrella stroller would be nice to carry the backpack or Dallin, and is not hard to manage. I also have a cheapie Kolcraft I got at at garage sale that I've used in the airport, which worked well.