PDA

View Full Version : JJ Cole Premaxx Euro Carrier

AZmommy
02-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on this carrier?

kaylinsmommy2
02-24-2005, 01:25 AM
Hi,
I posted one on babywearer.com, if you want to look there.
But in sum, I think it's only okay. It looks super stylish (had lots of people comment on it) and works okay for a newborn, as a pouch type carrier. I liked the padding along the back of the baby, and it kept the sides of the pouch out of her face so she had room to breathe (which, isn't really a concern with other pouches, except of how it looked/appeared to me at a first time mom). But, I didn't like how the sling "closed" - the railings had draw strings and you had to tie a knot to tie them, which then made it hard to undo when I wanted the baby out. The plastic clip to tighten/adjust the sling sometimes rubbed into my back. It's also WAY too big for a smaller sized person (I'm 5'8" and I had it as tight as it could be). And it was only useful for as long as DD was in that position - lying down. Wehn she got older, the drawstring railings were uncomfortable on her legs and didn't really hold her as well as other pouches did.
Instead, I have a hotsling (hotslings.com) which I use every day, and a Mei Hip carrier (meihipcarrier.com) which is good for the hip carry. I also use my mei tai carrier (from sachicarriers.com) often.
HTH
Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

jwozy
02-24-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm 5'5" and I found the sling to be a bit long to be used comfortable. The drawstring was also a pain. Hope that helps.