PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Convertible

twinkie
02-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi. I am car-less and live in the city and often find myself riding the subway. Right now I use the bjorn and lug the stoller and diaper bag along with me whenever I need to travel somewhere. (Most of the subway stations in Boston don't have elevators, and even the subway itself has stairs so I can't wheel the stroller on and off the subway--instead I leave it folded up until I get to where I am going.) This has worked so far, but now that my son has reached 22lbs I can't take the bjorn much longer. I was thinking a backpack and then I stumbled across the Kelty Convertible. It seems too good to be true! How does it work in real life? Is it hard to get on and off without help from someone else? What about not being able to see your child while riding on public transportation? I don't expect the stroller to function as well as my Zippy, but is it any good? How comfortable is it when used as a carrier? I know that the weight limit is around 45lbs or so, but at what point does it become unbearable? Also, how good is the little diaper backpack that comes with it? I have a skip hop diaper bag right now and I love it. Will this attachable diaper bag hold as much? Where would I put my wallet, cell phone, and keys to avoid being pickpocketed? Lastly, how high does the child ride in the carrier? Do I have to worry about banging his head when boarding the subway or going through a doorway? As you can see I have a lot of questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tondi G
02-23-2005, 08:22 PM
we have one! We used it quite a bit when DS was little! My DH carried him on his back a lot more than I did but the stroller feature was perfect for us! It steered quite well.... we used it outdoors in the neighborhood as well as at the Zoo! Only problem with it is if your kiddo falls asleep... they kinda slump over but DS managed to sleep in it easily.... I suppose a rolled up blanket would help with that! My DH's cousin and his wife got one for their trip abroad.... their little one loved it, they loved it. The little diaper bag was sufficient for a bottle and a couple of diapers and wipes. oh and to hold keys and a wallet. There is also space below your kiddos feet to stash some stuff as well! Overall we were quite pleased with ours and I look forward to using it again with #2!

Good Luck... HTH's you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05