PDA

View Full Version : I need help! Sorry to ask...

heatherlynn
03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Ok, I saw the thread about people asking the same questions over and over, so I apologize, but I'm just lost. I read the pinned thread above, but I'm still not sure what to get.

I know I don't like the ones w/ rings and tails. I don't want straps. It has to be simple or I know I won't use it. I was looking at the Hotslings and that seems like I would like it. Simple and could work for an older child (my almost 7-mo. old). I think I would like to use one mostly as a hip carrier for short periods of time, but I'm not really sure. I have a bad neck and my shoulders are constantly aching so it has to be super comfortable.

Anyone have any ideas or does the Hotsling seem like the best option for me? Again, I'm sorry for "asking the same questions over and over" but I really need help!

Thanks!!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

nitaghei
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
If all you need is a hip carrier for quick trips, then yes, the Hotsling would be a great option. That's pretty much the way I used mine until DS was almost 2, from when he was 6 months old. Just make sure that you measure correctly!

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

heatherlynn
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks Nita! I'm sorry I'm such a pain, but would the Hotslings not be good for longer periods of time? Right now, I don't think I'd use a carrier for long periods of time, but maybe in an airport or something? But I'm sure once I put him in it, he wouldn't want to get out! I used to carry him in the Bjorn and he loved it, but it hurt me after awhile.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the advice.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

nitaghei
03-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Well, I used the Hotsling for up to 3 hours. It does get a little uncomfortable at that point. I loved the Hotsling for airports - it's a great on/off carrier. I even used it as recently as last November/December. It was a lifesaver! We landed midfield, and the gate-checked strollers ended up with regular baggage. I popped DS in the Hotsling, and managed to lug everything else. Which none of the other mamas with toddlers could.

When DS was closer to 2 years old - I preferred the Kozy for longer trips - he napped in the Kozy for over 2 hours at the airport last December (when he was 23 months old), and I was barely sore. But you didn't want anything with straps. :)

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

lenad
03-02-2005, 01:49 PM
I think your best bet would be to find a workshop in your area, or someone who might have a few different carriers so you can try them out.

My DD is 5-mo old, and while I have a Hotsling, love its looks and the convenience, I use it relatively little b/c my DD just isn't crazy about it. So at home I mostly use Kozy (http:www.kozycarrier.com). But for comfort nothing beats a wrap.

Sorry to confuse things,

LD

quinnsmom
03-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Check out the mei hip carrier (you can get it with buckles instead of rings) - this may work for you. http://www.meihipcarrier.com/

Although a Hotsling/pouch is the easiest to use - I would go for that if you are looking for ease of use - it's also great because it doesn't take up a lot of room in the diaper bag.