PDA

View Full Version : Slings for a Beginner?

Kungjo
03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi,

With my first DD, I used a Graco Snugli to carry her around when I went out on errands. That got more difficult when she got older. I'm considering buying a sling but have no idea where to start. I'm rather petite (5'2") and was wondering if there are any slings out there that would be good for a beginner to consider. I want something that is versatile enough for me to have my second DD in a number of different positions if possible: cradled like a newborn, facing me, facing outward so she can see what's going on, comfortable to use while nursing, etc. Does such a sling exist or should I just stick with my Snugli?

Thanks in advance,
Joyce

JLiebCamm
03-03-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm loving my KKAFP with my 8 week old. I used a Baby Bjorn with my son and this is much better. There are a lot of different carries with it like you're looking for. If you look at www.kangarookorner.com you will see pics of the different carries.

quinnsmom
03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
I second that! I just talked about this on another post. If I had to do it over again - starting fresh when DS was just born - I would have 2 carriers: A pouch and a mei tai.

The two carriers I use A LOT are my KKAFP - which I LOVE (but I'm thinking it may be too hot for summers inGA - so I'm thingking about getting a Hotsling.) The other carrrier is my Freehand mei tai. The mei tai is VERY versatile - and I love the look of the Freehand.

There are tons of pouches and mei tais out there. Have you ever looked at www.thebabywearer.com ? It is VERY helpful and is where I started out (along with this board) when I first got into the world of Baby Wearing.

Good Luck! :)