PDA

View Full Version : Have Kozy--Need Help:)

MommytoDylan
03-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I ordered the Kozy as it seems to be popular here. I'm expecting in June but wanted to have it when the baby has head control (I have a Moby for the newborn stage). I followed the Moby's instructions, included with the carrier, and was able to understand how to use it quickly. The Kozy, however, seems more complicated to me. I tried to follow the directions on line for hip carry (using my friend's 6 month old) and it didn't seem to work. I'm not very spatial and the directions and pictures didn't explain it enough for me to understand. Is there anywhere else to turn for pictures/detailed instructions?

Thanks for your help,

Meredith

Momof3Labs
03-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Oh, goodness, don't start with the hip carry. It is much more difficult IMO than the front carry (or even the back carry) with a Kozy.

Where do you live? Maybe someone can give you a live tutorial?

lenad
03-08-2005, 12:37 AM
I totally agree with PP. I don't use hip carry w/ Kozy at all, I find it hard to tie and not as comfortable as other carriers. Try front carry first. Then once you have that down you can do the same thing on the back. It really is much easier to tie than a wrap.

LD

MommytoDylan
03-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I live in Orange County, CA. Any Kozy moms in the area? Thanks for the tip about the hip carry. Do you ever use it?

Thanks,
Meredith

Momof3Labs
03-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Nope, I do a front carry with my Kozy (though DS is getting too big for it now). Tried back carry but he's really too heavy for that, too.

tribegirl3
03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi Meredith,
I agree with the other posts, you probably want to start with the front carry first and then back carry before moving on to the hip carry. What problems are you having with your Kozy? Sometimes the straps can be overwhelming but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to do all sorts of positions in no time. I think she has really good instructions on the website, but if you are still having trouble, you can try e-mailing Kelley. If you want to PM me I would be more than happy to give you some pointers. Good luck!

Angie

MommytoDylan
03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for your offer of help! My problem was more an issue of not understanding where to tie the straps but I've worked it out in my mind now. I think I'll just start with the front and then move to the back carry. It seems like the hip carry is something you work up to:)

Thanks again for your help!

Meredith