PDA

View Full Version : baby bjorn XL versus L

jennielh73
03-09-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking of getting a used bjorn just to have one around...my question is when do you need an XL? I am about 5'10" and currently a 40G. Do you think I need an XL?

thanks - jennie

mattysmom
03-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I don't really have the answer to whether you NEED it, but I am only 5'6" and a 38C and got an XL since my DH is very tall and I was able to adjust it to fit me fine...(and I have a short torso).

Sillygirl
03-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm 6'1 and a DD these days - the XL fit me fine. Considering the average height for women in this country is around 5'5", I think you'd definitely want the XL.
Just a word of warning - I loved my bjorn but my husband is tall also and so we have a BIG baby (4 months old, 20 lbs and 26 inches long). So I stopped using the Bjorn about three weeks ago because it hurt my back. I was glad I got one cheap on Ebay - if I'd paid $90 I'd be sad I could only use it for such a short amount of time. But I walked the neighborhood every day with Jonathan in the Bjorn and was so glad to have it - I lost all my pregnancy weight by six weeks and have since lost another 10-15 lbs. I never considered a sling carrier - I hate how they look and I felt Jonathan was more securely attached to me with the Bjorn.

jennielh73
03-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I just pick up two L's for FREE!!! I'm wondering if they'll be too small though...with this huge belly i can't get a good feel. I will be using a hotsling though most of the time but I thought my hubby, grandma and grandpa might feel more comfortable with the bjorn.

Should I get the XL straps?