PDA

View Full Version : what's your favorite carrier

sloan
03-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Looking for a carrier for an infant that will be comfortable and not pull strain my back.

tribegirl3
03-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi, I was wondering how old your baby is and what kind of carrier you have been using? My DS is almost 11 months old and we are quite fond of MT/ABC or pouches. I used the Bjorn when he was smaller and found it quite uncomfortable. My husband loved it and used it a lot the first 4 months!

Angie

sloan
03-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I am due beginning of August and am trying to figure out all this stuff so that I can register.

TereasaT
03-12-2005, 02:20 AM
I love stretchy wraps for a newborn and infant. They are so soft and cuddly. I have a Hug-a-bub and still love it with my 5 1/2 month old. It is great because it is a 2 shouldered carrier with great waist support so it distributes weight very well. You can put it on and pop baby in and out throughout the day.

Tereasa

noahsmommy
03-12-2005, 08:25 PM
I have lower back problems, so I knew when I was pregnant that I wouldn't be able to use the modern baby carriers. Even the bjorn lumbar support carrier gave me back pain. I absolutely LOVE my sling, especially my hotsling (basically a pouch) I have a cotton one and a fleece one. So easy to use and to carry around! My ds loves being in it, even at 9 1/2 months. The weight is spread across your upper back and front, so no lower back pain! I do have a traditional sling, but I find my hotslings so much easier to use! No threading, pulling the tail, etc.. you can check them out at www.hotsling.com.

www.susansloft.com/noah
[left]Sweet little Noah was born on May 19, 2004. Noah is:
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050519/0/5/5/+10/.png (http://lilypie.com)[/center]

mamaAnn
03-17-2005, 01:53 AM
For a newborn my favorite is a pouch-a good fitting one will not cause back pain. These are great for a variety of carries as well as easy in/out.

I also think a wrap is great for a newborn but to be honest-the pouch was so easy to use I was too lazy to get very efficient at the wrap. Now that my son is getting bigger (4 mos/17 lbs) I'm using it a little more but there is more of a learning curve for sure.
Ann