PDA

View Full Version : Hug-a-bub, Hotsling, or both??

ncmommy
03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
We tried the Bjorn and another carrier from Target with DS#1, both were horribly uncomfortable and killed my shoulders after just a few minutes - and DS never seemed to like them either. DS #2 is on the way and I really want to try babywearing again...I think I've narrowed my choices down - based on reviews here, it doesn't seem like I could go wrong with a Hotsling, but the Hug-A-bub looks nice and secure, and maybe easier on the shoulders? Does anyone have both? Which one would you recommend?

TereasaT
03-13-2005, 04:23 PM
I have both and definitely recommend both. The Hug-a-bub is really nice for a newborn. I have a 5 1/2 month old that I still use mine with and am still loving it. You can leave it on and pop your baby in and out throughout the day. I do notice that as my son as gotten heavier, that I need to really make the wrap snug as he will start sagging after awhile. It is really comfortable because the weight is distributed over 2 shoulders and the waist. It is also very hands-free and secure.

The Hotsling is nice when I just need a fast carry and don't want to wear all that fabric. I love my Hotslings and the padding is wonderful. I also love the cool fabrics. It is very comfortable, but you have to have a perfect fitting pouch. I think it is hard to measure while you are pregnant and get the perfect size immediately postpartum because of the weight loss. I know I have had to downsize 4 sizes, but I gained a lot of weight all on top. I think it depends on where you carry your weight.

Tereasa

lenad
03-13-2005, 08:51 PM
I totally second Tereasa's recommendations. I had a Moby (also a stretchy wrap) when DD was little and really liked it. A stretchy wrap and a pouch have totally different functions, so you really need both, LOL. If you want only one (to begin with), get a stretchy wrap first. (People also like Cuddly wrap, say it's incredibly soft.)

LD