PDA

View Full Version : patapum vs. ergo

neocorgi
03-30-2005, 06:36 PM
which one should i get -- patapum or ergo?? the 2 look very similar. i know there are alot of you who own ergos. how do you like it? does anyone have a patapum?

TIA

TereasaT
03-31-2005, 01:23 AM
I don't have a Patapum, but I have an Ergo. I have heard that they are basically the same except the Ergo has the safety/comfort belt, the sleeping hood flap and the pocket. I like the streamlined look of the Patapum, but I don't think it would work if your child still falls asleep. I only have a 6 month old so I'm not sure about this, but I have heard others complain that the sleeping hood flap isn't big enough for when their children get older so they have to invest in the Hood Extension.

I do use the pocket whenever I wear the Ergo in the front carry. It's design makes it so the items don't really press into your child's back. I keep my wristlet or keys in there.

I find the safety/comfort belt more of a pain as I'm thin waisted so I just have to try and wrap that belt around me and under the padded waist area. It sometimes ends up hanging down and looking very messy. My husband who is larger waisted loves it and says it is more comfortable with it.

Hope this helps!
Tereasa

betsydenny
03-31-2005, 01:49 PM
I have never seen the patapum but I have the Ergo and I use the sleeping hood flap every day! My 7 mo old little guy snoozes away on my back while I chase my DD or run errands and the flap is great to keep his head from flopping. That alone makes the Ergo my favorite carrier. A friend has the hood extender for her 2.5 yr old who she still carries and says it is great.

The safety/comfort belt is longer than I need and I was thinking of just cutting it off becuase DH doesnt use the ergo much and won't care. Either way it isnt that big a deal to me.

But the hood is totally worth it for head support when sleeping (and keeping the sun off.

Hope that helps
Betsy

squimp
04-07-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm wondering about this too - the one thing I don't like about the Ergo is how you have to thread the belt or step into it every time. I'm used to the quick release waist strap of backpack carriers, so the Patapum looks much more comfortable and easy.

Anyone own a Patapum out there?