PDA

View Full Version : Which sling should I try???

JuJuE
03-31-2005, 12:20 AM
OK, I have spent the night reading through posts trying to get a feel for the world of slings, but am a little lost.
I am currently 15 weeks pregnant, have a 1 yo (24 pounds) and a 3 yo (that I will not carry, LOL . I am looking for a sling of some sort to use in a hip carry position or possibly a backpack type position.
From looking at the different types I am attracted to the simplicity of the Hotsling and the versatility of the Moby.
I am primarily looking to use this for the lines at Disneyland. I figure I will have both boys in the stroller for wandering, but don't want to play pass the baby in line.
Any suggestions???
I appreciate any advice at all!
Julie

npace19147
03-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Are you looking to use the carrier for the newborn or for your one year old? You can't really do a good hip carry with a newborn until the baby has head and torso control, probably around five or six months or so.

Your one year old could easily do a hip carry in the hotsling. The Moby would be good for the newborn in a front carry position (plus give you both hands free for the older children), but at 24 lbs it probably wouldn't work as well for your one year old, it will stretch out of shape.

If you're looking for one carrier to do it all, your best bet might be a woven wrap. With that you can do a hip carry and a back carry for your one year old, and front carries for your newborn. If you're looking at it for Florida or CA, you might want to check out the Ellaroo - it's a lighter weave and more comfortable in warmer weather. Of course, for the price of an Ellaroo you could get both a Moby and a Hotsling if you prefer.

HTH!

JuJuE
03-31-2005, 02:22 PM
OK thanks! If I am just looking right now for a carrier for my 1 year old, do you think the Hotsling would be best? Can I use that comfortable while pregnant? How about a Mei Tei, would that be a better choice?

tribegirl3
03-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Hotslings are wonderful! I know for sure you can wear MTs while pregnant....there are pics on the kozy website!
http://www.kozycarrier.com/

Go to "kozy info"

You might want to get one MT and one pouch style just to switch it up! Good luck!

Angie