PDA

View Full Version : HugaBub, Moby, Cuddly wrap...about to go nuts!

August
04-06-2005, 09:25 AM
I just can't decide!x(

I want a wrap that is strechy, but the least strechy possible (I will buy the Ella Roo for later on, but I wanted to start with a stretchy wrap for my newborn) so that I will be using it the longer possible. (does anybody has used the Ella Roo for a newborn?)
Which one is narrower?
Which one is the "cooler"? (I am aware that they aren't really cool carriers, but which is the coolest as far as fabric goes)
Which one is your favorite?

Thank you girls!

npace19147
04-06-2005, 11:34 AM
I only used the Moby, which we loved and it worked until DD was about 15lbs or so. There's some discussion of the relative stretch of these wraps here:

http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6549&highlight=least+stretch+wrap

HTH!

ncmommy
04-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I could have written this post! I've been going crazy trying to decide on a stretchy wrap. I ordered a Cuddly wrap in Navy, but I'm sending it back because I fear that the Navy will be too hot for the summer (and attract lint/cat hair). I've spent lots of time reading about the three wraps, and from what I can tell, I think the HAB is the least stretchy and has the lightest weight fabric. (Note that this is just based on what others have said.) I hope others will reply to your question!

Robin

TereasaT
04-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I have a Hug-a-bub, but I haven't seen the others IRL to actually compare. The Hug-a-bub is narrower so you can't use it for back carries, but I have heard that people don't prefer to use their stretchy wraps for back carries. I have also heard that the Hug-a-bub is the coolest because of its fabric and narrower width. I have also heard that the Hug-a-bub is the least stretchy, with the cream colored one to be the least. This is what I found out during my research for a stretchy wrap. I love the Hug-a-bub for a newborn.

I also have an Ellaroo, but I didn't get it until my son was 5 months old. If I had to choose one for a newborn, I would go for a stretchy wrap. If I only had to choose one period, I would get the Ellaroo because you can use it longer than a stretchy wrap and you can do back carries with it. Also, with the pocket being on the Hug-a-bub, I only use it in the same wrap position. Otherwise, it would look odd trying to do a hip carry with it. With the Ellaroo, you can do multiple carries.

Tereasa

ncmommy
04-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Were you able to carry your baby in the cradle position as a newborn with your HAB? I know their website says that you can, but I'm wondering how secure it is with the narrower fabric.

TereasaT
04-06-2005, 05:08 PM
I did use the HaB in the cradle position for a short while and it seemed very secure. I think I used it until DS was about 4 weeks. He preferred to be upright in the t2t position in all my carriers after that.

Tereasa

babynell
04-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I had a Moby and a HugaBub when Reanna was an infant (cradle hold). I preferred the HaB to the Moby. The HaB was a little less stretchy and a little narrower at the ends.

Now Reanna is almost 5 months old and I generally use the Ellaroo. I didn't like the stretchy wrap for back carries.

HTH
Marilyn

August
04-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks to all of you for your informations
My sister justed ordered for me as a present a Hug a Bub this morning in the sage/hazelnut color.
I just can't wait to have it!!!