PDA

View Full Version : KKACP vs. Mamma's Milk sling

JacksMommy
04-06-2005, 08:18 PM
I absolutely adore my KKAFP so I bought the KKACP assuming I would like it as well, but I just don't. The cotton is not as stretchy and snuggly as the fleece. I've been looking around for other pouch options and was wondering if anyone knows about the Mamma's Milk adjustable sling. They say it's made of stretchy cotton but I just wasn't sure how stretchy and how it compares to the KKACP. Other pouch suggestions would be appreciated as well - I have a Kozy and like it for longer stretches but it just doesn't have the poppability of a pouch. And stylistically the pouch works for me.

TIA!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

TereasaT
04-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi Laurel,

I love my KKAFP, too, and was looking for a cooler version of it when someone mentioned that there was a pouch coming out that would meet my needs. It's called TheSlingSet http://www.theslingset.com I have a tester pouch and really do like the fabric. It has the stretch and snugness of fleece without the warmth.

The whole system is pretty cool where you can do a variety of positions, have some adjustability or distribute your baby's weight better by adding a pouch or a support sash. I believe they are going to start taking pre-orders sometime this week.

I don't have a Mamma's Milk so I'm not sure how that compares.

Tereasa

August
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Tereasa,
If you compare the new sling you are talking about vs a standard hotsling, do you like it best? I was considering buying a hotsling, but this new product makes me wonder if I should wait...

TereasaT
04-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm not sure I can answer this question as far as which one I like the best. I have lots of different slings and carriers and love them all for different reasons.

I really do love the fabric on The SlingSet. It holds my DS very snugly like my KKAFP and has a wonderful stretch. It feels very soft on the outside, almost like suede. I do wish it came in patterns, too. I love the support sash for the additional support both on my waist and to hold DS more securely in certain carries like a back carry or a hip carry when DS is in a leaning mood.

I also love my Hotslings pouches. I like the leg padding on it. It's funny because my other slings and pouches don't have leg padding and they don't hurt DS' legs, but I feel like it would be more comfortable. I like the different fabric choices. I've had the regular stretch cotton pouches and they were wonderful, but I think the sateen stretch pouches are even better. They feel so soft and satiny. I think they also hold my DS snugger, which I like, than the regular stretch cotton.

I'm sorry I can't give you a straight answer as to which one I like best. This is why I have multiple carriers.

Tereasa

npace19147
04-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Tereasa, I've been eyeing these over at TBW. How do you think the fabric will be for summer?

TereasaT
04-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I think The SlingSet fabric will work great for summer. It seems very cool. It looks like it would be very breathable as well because when stretched, I can see little "holes" in the fabric. Sorry, that is as technical as I know how to get with fabric.

Tereasa