PDA

View Full Version : Help me find I need a stylish pouch for summer

natividad
04-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Well, I was rethingking getting a KKAFP since baby #2 will be born in late May and it might be too warm for a fleece pouch here in the DC area. I would love the Hotslings Black Floral, but I cannot find it anywhere in my size. Any recommendations?

I have a very modest carrier collection:
A Maya Wrap
A MnM in natural

I am not interested in the KKACP or any of the Asian pouches.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander
and baby #2 - EDD May 05

nitaghei
04-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Have you thought of just getting your own fabric and having Rev. Jan make one for you? I'm pretty sure she does pouches as well as ring slings. Helene got some gorgeous slings from her.

Just a thought - if you can't find anything you like.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

natividad
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Nita,
Yes, I thought about perhaps getting my own fabric, but lately this pregnancy is making me very lazy (sigh). Oh, by the way, I decided to get a cradle afterall - got a Jenny Lind style. With a gift card I had it ended up being only $33 - you can't beat that.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander
and baby #2 - EDD May 05

nitaghei
04-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Cool! Can't beat $33. :)

Why don't you email Jan with some links to fabric you like? She might be able to order it for you.

Don't know if we wear the same size - but I have green toile Hotsling in size small - if you want a stop gap while you figure out what you want and how to get it. It's not stretchy, but I found it very comfortable for wearing Neel his first summer.

Nita

natividad
04-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Nita, do you still wear Neel in your green toile even as a toddler? Reason I ask is because I found a non-stretchy black toile in my size (I am pretty sure I am a size 2 or a XS/S) through a Hotsling distributor. I am wondering if the stretch version would make a big difference. I would love to see yours, I wish I would have thought about this when we got together last week.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander
and baby #2 - EDD May 05

nitaghei
04-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I wore Neel in the Hotsling as recently as last December - he was 23 months old then. Keep in mind that Neel is long but very skinny.

Even though there's no lycra in my sling, the material does have a little give - most good cotton does. I've never had a sling with lycra, so I really don't have any IRL experience to compare. But you're welcome to borrow it next time we meet.

Not sure if that helps!

ETA:

found a link for a black floral print in a stretchy cotton
http://store.yahoo.com/phoenixtextiles/ag-085.html

Nita

natividad
04-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow, Nita you are super, thanks for the link!!! Why didn't I think of looking online in the first place? I tell you, this pregnancy is making me really strange lately. Well Alexander is a month younger than Neel and he is also very skinny, (only 26 lbs.), but he is definitely on the tallish side. Thanks again.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander
and baby #2 - EDD May 05

nitaghei
04-07-2005, 11:20 AM
If you order from fabric.com - check out their coupons - they often have free shipping for first time customers.

Nita