PDA

View Full Version : First time user needs advice! Is this combination ok?

cuca_
04-11-2005, 06:32 AM
I did not use a sling or pouch with DD #1, but am dying to try some with the new baby. I am thinking of getting a Zolowear cotton ring sling and a pouch (not zolowear). For the pouch I am trying to decide between a Mamma's Milk adjustable pouch and a strech cotton Hotsling. Does this combination sound ok?

With regards to the pouches, does anyone have any opinion of which is the best choice for a newbie, the MM or the Hotsling?

TIA

Carmen
DD May 2003
and DD #2 expected in May 2005!

egoldber
04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
A ring sling and a pouch are a nice combination of carriers. All pouches work in the same way, so using one vs another is not any harder.

The thing is that pouches need to fit you correctly to be comfy, and thats where the adjustable ones are a bit more forgiving. I don't know anything about the Mamma's Milk pouch though.

HTH,

cuca_
04-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks for your response, Beth. I think I will go with an adjustable pouch, since I am pregnant and am afraid that any measurements I take now will not be accurate. The Mamma's Milk pouch looks nice, but I haven't been able to find many reviews. Do you know of any other adjustable pouches?

Thanks,

Carmen
DD May 2003

gour0
04-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Here's the same question (almost) over in babywearer:
http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1173

http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=901

cuca_
04-12-2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the links, Stacey!

Carmen
DD May 2003

mamaAnn
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I think that's a great combo. Here's a few pieces of info for you...
The Zolo shoulder style is different that most other slings so it may be hard to compare to otherssince they do sit on the shoulder a little different. I have not liked most of the ring slings I've tried but just got to try a Zolo this week and love it! I like less material on my shoulder. Just wanted you to be aware there are different styles that all. I'm pretty sure I'm buying one though so I do like it.
As far as pouches-these are my love! I wear a pouch everyday and Hotslings are a wonderful pouch!!! I bought mine when I was pregnant too since I could judge pretty easily what my measurement would be without my tummy in the way. (you can also get a good idea by doing this on your back instead and add an inch for your chest)These have a nice range too since I've lost 30 lbs and the same one still fits great!
I've tried adjustable pouches (not the mamma's milk though) and I just don't think they fit as well or are as comfy IMO.
Good luck
Ann

tribegirl3
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey Ann,
I know you love pouches (I've kept up with you on TBW and here) but do you own many ring slings? I couldn't ever really get them to work for me but just ordered a Zolo-the cotton prints are too cute! Which one did you try? Silk or cotton? Are you going to order one as well?

I love pouches as well and agree with Ann about the adjustable pouches not being as comfy as the nonadjustable. I have tried the MMIAP and thought it was "okay" I have the hotsling deluxe pool pouch and it's awesome! You might also want to think about the new slingset stretchy pouch, it's coming out this month and looks AMAZING!!!! Check it out:

www.theslingset.com

HTH! GOOD LUCK!

Angie

mamaAnn
04-13-2005, 06:44 PM
>Hey Ann,
>I know you love pouches (I've kept up with you on TBW and
>here) but do you own many ring slings? I couldn't ever really
>get them to work for me but just ordered a Zolo-the cotton
>prints are too cute! Which one did you try? Silk or cotton?
>Are you going to order one as well?
>
>HTH! GOOD LUCK!
>
>Angie

Hi Angie!
I have just started using ring slings (oh no-adding to the obession)and only tried 4 different ones: Rev Jan's pleated shoulder, Wise Woman, Zolo and OTSBH.
I like the Zolo the best so far and I've found that I like less material on my shoulder which is what makes the Zolo work for me. I AM ordering one but not sure which one and still looking for a used one if I get lucky.
I'm also getting a custom made one from www.slingmemommy.com so looking forward to that.
And yes, I did break down and order a silk Oopa for my Mother's Day present ;) !!
:) Ann