PDA

View Full Version : What is currently in your collection?

Slingin_Momma
04-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Ugh...sometimes its not good to think about it...but I just can't help it. I have a new baby on the way so I'm re-evaluating...I figure I'll use the "if I knew then what I know now" to my advantage.

Currently Own:
Maya Wrap
Black Silk Pouch (but its too big and I'm too chicken to adjust it so its probably gonna hit ebay if it doesnt sell on SWAP or TBW soon)
Narrow Lovewrap Podegai
Traditional Lovewrap Podegai
Freehand Onhubimo
Handmade Onhubimo
Wrap (made by me)--blue and green striped seersucker fabric
One homemade pouch
Stretchy Wrap...made from some cheap walmart fabric, but it served its purpose

On its way out:
Purple and Green flowered hotsling (it was too small)

On its way in:
Chic Papoose Pouch

On my list to buy soon:
*Pouch for dh (he can use my MW but I might want to use it, esp when nursing the new baby in public so he needs his own)
*Moby, HaB...or other 'commercial' stretchy wrap
*KKAFP
*Kozy

Whew...what a list...I generally jsut tell my husband, "You should see what some people have...I have NOTHING compared to them!"

:)

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 02:44 AM
LOL, my list used to be really similar to yours but I have really cut back now that DS is 19 months old. I sold a lot of my slings to feed my cloth diaper addiction, LOL!!

All I have is
Kozy
Ring Sling made by a Seattle wahm
about 3 non adjustable pouches

I use my Kozy and ring sling most. I'm lusting after a new Zolo. I love her prints.

DebbieJ
04-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I haven't carried DS much lately. Boo hoo. Just got out of the practice, don't know why. I have to do it more.

I have:
-Kozy
-MnM pouch (my fav)
-Maya Wrap ring sling
-Zolo in red cotton

I had a KKACP but hated it, so I sold it.

Like Angie, I am LOVING the new Zolo prints for spring, but at $89? Ouch!

Thinking I might get a Hotsling for summer.

~ deb
DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

npace19147
04-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, at the moment I have the following:

2 Hotslings
Happy Cruiser MT
Doodlebug MT
Ergo
New Native
Tai one on
2.7m Ellaroo
3m Katja Didy
3.6 Ulli Storch
4.2 Anna Storch
Moby Wrap

on order:

Kozy
Gypsymama gauze wrap
Solarveil fabric for a wrap
Sporty Angelpack MT (Eagles fabric - my Father's Day present to DH!)

wish list:

onbuhimo
possibly a Zolo (Angie, I love those new prints too! But I'm not even sure I like ring slings so $89?)

Yes, I know I have a problem...this doesn't even include all the carriers I've tried and sold! But as I told DH, some people are addicted to strollers, or diaper bags, so as least this tends to be cheaper! ;)

tarahsolazy
04-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Didn't you have an Ergo, Ang?

I currently have:

in use: SleepingBaby.net ring sling (2)
Kozy
Ergo (trying to love it, unsuccessfully, I might add, the Kozy is quicker for me)
Wisewoman sling (MIA, I think my younger sister has it)

Waiting for babe #2 (someday): MnM pouch
Moby Wrap

I have had about 6 other things, Girasol, gauze wrap from gypsymama.com, Sutemi, hotsling (loved this, but gave it to a friend in need), a different Ergo, a Freehand MT, but all have been sold or traded.

I'm happy with what I have, but I may sell the Ergo, if I dont' get much better at using it.

sareva
04-13-2005, 10:53 PM
My dd doesn't even like to be worn much, but this is my addiction.

MnM pouch -- don't use much anymore b/c we're in Texas and it's hot.
Old Kissasling by Kissaluvs -- ring sling. Very light but I keep having to readjust. Also, I'm off of slings now (bad back).
HugABub -- when dd was a little baby with bad reflux, this was a lifesaver
Kozy -- still can't do a back carry
EllaRoo wrap -- medium (can't remember exact length); haven't gotten the hang of this yet either.
Ergo -- just got this today and put the baby on my back. We get a bit hot in it but it's probably a keeper
Baby Bjorn -- I know, everyone hates it...but when dd needed to be upright and was little, it got a lot of use. It was also helpful when traveling alone with the baby b/c I could pop her in and out.
Some Snugli frame pack thing that DH likes (it was a gift) and I hate.

If I had the money and the baby (and my back) would let me, I'd go for some kind of gauze wrap (provided I can get into using the EllaRoo more) for the Texas heat and a hotsling.

If there was something that I could easily pop dd in and out of while traveling *and* that was 2-shouldered, I'd probably get that too.

We look like hobos but we got some nice carriers...
Sarah

Melanie
04-15-2005, 11:58 AM
A Baby Trekker, that I loved with Ds
A MnM Pouch, waiting for it's first occupant
A Batik non-adjustable pouch, was too small to use with Ds as a toddler, but mightw work for baby. Hotsling I think.
Ordering a ring sling.

With Ds I just had the NoJo and pretty much detested it except for when he was a bit older and used it in kangaroo carry until he stopped liking that. I felt like I just couldn't get the hang of it with this one.

[center]http://lilypie.com/baby4/011106/1/2/0/+10/.png[/img][/url]

Expecting #2
http://lilypie.com/days/050904/0/0/0/-8/.png[/img][/url]