PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late? 17mo

ellies mom
04-14-2005, 08:59 AM
I never got a sling and didn't really miss it although a few of the pouch slings did catch my eye. The reason, I'm thinking about one now is that I'll be taking DD to the East Coast and part of the trip I'll be by myself. So many mommas here swear by their slings for airport use that I think it might be worth it for that reason alone.

I'm thinking about getting a padded Hotsling (stretch black toile, so sharp) because it looks like it would fold up small enough to stash in my diaper bag for daily use if we wish.

DD is about 23 pounds and fairly petite. I know people carry babies heavier and older than mine, but I'm wondering if it is worth getting one so late in the game. TIA

npace19147
04-14-2005, 11:21 AM
I would think it is worth it b/c it's probably not like you don't carry her now - just now you do it on your hip w/o help! At your DD's age you would use it primarily for hip carry, which we really like and I find much easier than carrying my DD in-arms. You can't go wrong with a Hotsling. Not that much $$ and great resale value if you decide you don't like it.

tiikeri2
04-14-2005, 01:27 PM
I agree with Nancy, I think a Hotsling would suit your needs perfectly, and they do have a great resale value!

I just purchased one (from theslinglady.com) for use with my 15-month-old, and it is so nice for putting her in, taking her out, putting her in, taking her out,.... It allows me to hold her and still have hands free. I can *totally* see myself using it for air travel (if only I were traveling somewhere!--but that's another post :)).

I say, do it! The worst thing that can happen is you get it, do not like it, and resell it.

Kay

nitaghei
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
If you're going to be traveling by yourself - definitely get a sling. My Hotsling saved my sanity when I traveled with DS by myself. It's invaluable at airports. Trust me. :)

I was using the Hotsling pretty regularly until DS turned 2. I'd use it even now - except that he prefers to walk, and when I need to carry him for longer periods I prefer my Kozy.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

Java
04-14-2005, 03:20 PM
The hotsling is GREAT but make sure your DD gets used to it well before your trip. I used to carry Kael all over town and back in the hotsling but haven't used it since he started walking about 5 months ago. I tried to sling him again recently when he was being clingy and he absolutely refused to be in it.

Good luck!