PDA

View Full Version : Hotsling-ers, this doesn't look right, does it?? (PIC)

aliceinwonderland
04-14-2005, 05:03 PM
thanks ladies...deleted pics.

Can you tell me what (if anything) I'm doing wrong. I'm a very dumb baby wearer--I put this thing on (in no particular shape or order) plop baby in, and go--but I feel like i have to use at least one hand, and, well, it just doesn't look right...Or maybe it's fine and I have no idea how it's supposed to look??

(excuse the no make-up look. I was cooking for the week and have exams. Ugh).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24351.txt

Java
04-14-2005, 05:42 PM
It should be opened and capped on your shoulder (as opposed to bunched up by your neck) to distribute the weight and I usually open it more to cover Kael's back when he's in it. Is his butt in a pouch?

OK - I'm back. We had a soybean emergency - the dog ate it all and Kael was very mad...

Anyway, I usually put an arm around Kael's back just in case. That's a beautiful color you choose!

neocorgi
04-14-2005, 06:04 PM
it definitely looks that there are too much bunching of fabric by your neck. a shoulder flip can also help to keep your baby snug as a bug.

check out the Hotslings yahoo group -- http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/hotslings/ -- there are plenty of photos that may help you. also, the gals there are so helpful.

aliceinwonderland
04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
LOL at Kael being mad at the dog--

yes, his butt is in a pouch--It won't fall off if it's on my shoulder??

thanks!

Java
04-14-2005, 07:25 PM
No, his weight will keep the sling anchored pretty tight. Unless you raise that arm. Once you figure it out, you'll be able to whip that puppy out in 10 seconds flat!

egoldber
04-14-2005, 08:37 PM
I agree about the fabric needing to spread out over your shoulder.

Also, are you sure you have him sitting INSIDE the pouch and not ON the pouch? The pouch should make a little seat for him. You should be able to spread the fabric up to his armpits and also to his knees.