PDA

View Full Version : My first foray into this board...

psophia17
04-20-2005, 01:49 PM
DS loves to be carried, that is, when he's not running around. He doesn't mind the stroller, but every time he sees me (or DH) his arms go up to be carried...did I mention he's 32 pounds?

I generally carry him on my left hip when I do, but I can only manage that for 10 minutes or so before my arm is ready to fall off. We had a sling that I hated to use (a Nojo, I gave it away) becasue it was so uncomfortable, (maybe it was too small for me to wear with my 40Gs?), and after that I used (and loved) the baby bjorn. But I couldn't BF wearing it, and once I had my appendix out at 4 months PP, I couldn't wear it anymore since DS's feet were right at scar level. Needless to say, it didn't get used very often.

So - I'm looking for a hip-carrying type sling, that is easy to put on, that isn't too restrictive for DS's lookyloo tendancies, that could be used for a BF infant (ETA: after looking at some of the slings available online, I felt I should mention that my boobs are pendulous and my nipples point south - to BF while wearing it, I would need something that I could easily shift a baby down to just above my waist), and that won't break the bank...

Does such a thing exist? Or what else do you baby-wearing pros think would work?

trumansmom
04-20-2005, 02:34 PM
LOL! Petra - I feel your pain! I always joke that in order for me to breastfeed while slinging I would need something that would hold DD upside down in order to reach my breasts!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

npace19147
04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Sounds like you might want to check out a ring sling - I don't have much experience with them personally (yet - just ordered my first one!) but they are supposed to be particularly good for BF'ing while carrying b/c of their adjustability.

One site that often gets mentioned is www.sleepingbaby.net - good quality and fairly inexpensive. If you want to spend a little more $$ try www.zolowear.com. Good luck!

nitaghei
04-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Petra,

If you want to BF in the sling, get a ring sling. I totally second the recommendation for Rev. Jan. Her shoulder design is AWESOME, and you can't beat the price. Trust me, nothing like that piece of junk Nojo or OTSHB (my personal hate).

ETA: Rev. Jan is the owner of Sleepingbaby.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

psophia17
04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
I've emailed Rev. Jan to ask if she could BF while slinging - from the pictures, I figure that if she could do it, I can do it :)