PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Plus sized question...

trumansmom
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
After trying darn near every baby carrier out there, I've discovered that I love my Maya Wrap sling the best. However, DD and I will be travelling in a few weeks, and I would really like to try a pouch again for convenience sake. I think I will enjoy it more now that we are solely using the hip carry.

Anyway, my question is, What pattern would look least obnoxious on a plus sized woman? I would love to have something fun, but I sort of feel like the large brightly colored prints my look kind of scary around my ample middle. Should I stick with a smaller, darker print, or am I stuck with basic black? My Maya is a dark pattern, so it's not too bad, but I still feel like a bus when I'm slinging.

Any fashion gurus out there? Or does this fall in the category of "who cares - it's in the best interest of my child"?

Here are the patterns I'm thinking about-

On this site: http://www.heavenlybundle.com/shop.html
I'm trying to decide between Fun 1002, Fun 1003,Floral 2013, and Stretch 01.

On this site: http://www.lucky-baby.com/p_links.asp
I'm torn between Hawaiin Red, Japaneses Paradise, or maybe just Hipster Black.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Zansu
04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Jeanne

Fashion matters! :)

As a self described "fat chick," I would go with fun 1002 (my favorite) or stretch 01 from the first site, and maybe Hawaiian Red from the second (but it seems more boyish to me).

Let us know what you decide.

nitaghei
04-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Okay - my advice would be to get the print that makes you happy - who cares what anyone else thinks?

The ones I like the best from the ones you listed are Fun 1002 and Japanese Paradise. Fun 1002, especially, should be flattering. Not that I'm exactly into fashion, or anything, and don't care for large prints generally.

These are gorgeous! I also love the solid color slings with the trim on the first site. Wish I could justify getting one. sigh.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)