PDA

View Full Version : Q about buying a used ergo or sutemi?

sdbc
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm trying to buy a used ergo or sutemi off of swap. Somebody emailed me that they had an ergo to sell. Can anybody advise me about what questions to ask about it? Is there an old an new model I should be aware of? Is there much difference between the old and new models? Are they one size fits all? Thanks!

Been using a hotsling forever, but dd is getting a little heavy, and it's been cutting off my circulation a little on one arm...

TIA

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

sdbc
05-02-2005, 10:41 AM
One more question: I just got a response about the sutemi. She says it's the older style. Does anybody know the difference between the old and the new, AND can anybody tell me which is better: the ergo or the sutemi?

Thanks again!

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

Java
05-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I have the new Ergo and it's great. The difference between new vs old (from what I understand) is the new has a comfort waist belt where you loop the buckle through. I guess it's comfortable but I'm pretty thin so I have the buckle pulled all the way to the end and the extra padding gets in the way. That's the only thing I didn't like about the new ergo. They are pretty much 1 size fits all, unless you're on the extreme of either side. My SIL wouldn't be able to use the Ergo - she's 4'10" about 90 pounds - not too many people are like that.

JLiebCamm
05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Just noticed the new tag on your signature line...it's very clever!

Java
05-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks Jessica! I was going to say "Closed for Renovations" but I thought sounded like there was something wrong with the ladies!

BTW... I love the name Claire - I think it's so beautiful. It's on my top 5 for girl names.