PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bjorn makes my back hurt

HIU8
05-05-2005, 11:03 AM
DS is 5 months and weighs between 15 and 16 lbs. We have a baby bjorn and DS likes to be in it. However, it makes my back hurt after about 10 minutes. I really don't know what is out there other than the bjorn. I would like to get another type of carrier that I can use in the grocery store, when we go out to fairs and such.

Thanks,

Heather

jerseygirl07067
05-05-2005, 01:09 PM
I initially had the same problem. I wound up getting the XL straps which made a huge difference! (I am 5'8") Also, makes sure the plastic piece in the back is pulled down enough. It should be even with the bottom of your shoulder blades. HTH!!

There are many other carriers out there, the Sutemi and the Ergo help to distribute the weight better so that might work for you too. You can do a search on the board for those and other carriers. (I personally wound up sticking with the Bjorn but I'm definitely in the minority!!)

Marcy

DebbieJ
05-05-2005, 07:43 PM
There are SO many other things out there! Slings, pouches, Asian baby carriers, wraps....

Check out www.thebabywearer.com for descriptions and info.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

carolines mommy
05-16-2005, 03:22 PM
We have the Bjorn active carrier that provides the additional back support. We love it and used it quite often with dd1. We have started using it again with dd2 and are still very happy with how comfortable it is to wear for extended periods of time. At first we had an Infantino carrier, but it killed my shoulders after 10 minutes of wearing it so we got the BB Active carrier. Maybe try the active carrier because it will relieve most of the pressure on your shoulders by transferring the load to your waist. We tried slings with dd1 and she would literally scream until we took her out. DD2 isn't happy with slings either (fusses and fusses until she is taken out) and prefers to be upright even when sleeping at night.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05