PDA

View Full Version : CALLING NYC PARENTS

rpk1
05-09-2005, 05:04 PM
My first baby as an urbanite and I'm trying to decide on the best mode of transportation upon birth! What do you think about the
Peg Prego and/or Igneslia strollers that can snap a car seat into them vs. the snap and go? I see everyone with Maclearens however in my research, the PP and I. seem to offer more...and that way I can just go with the car seat and stroller vs. adding in the universal carrier.

Any advice???? Thanks!

Judegirl
05-10-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm a NYC parent, and I'm very glad I got the Zippy. Here's why:

1 - The SnugRide attaches easily and quickly.
2 - She outgrew the SnugRide by 3 months and did well in the Zippy at that point.
3 - Folding most strollers is a royal PITA and the Zippy is a cinch.
4 - I think it's really pretty. :)

The one drawback - it is really, really annoying to try to steer with one hand. Dh does better than I do, but it's still annoying.

Good luck!
Jude

betsydenny
05-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, I have 2 Macs- ditched the Vogue for the Volo but the stroller that I end up using every day is an old Peg Pliko. It is cushier and rolls nicely. (and my older one rides on the back step)
None of them are great for one hand pushing tho.

I say go for either the P3 or the new 2005 1/2 Zippy. There are lots of Zippys around and they are cushier than the Macs.

Good luck- this is a great city to have babies in!
Betsy

betsydenny
05-13-2005, 02:34 PM
whoops, just realized this is the carrier section.
For all the strollers I have (and there are many) I couldn't live without my Ergo baby carrier!
loved my hotsling with an infant!
good luck