PDA

View Full Version : do i wait for heavenly bundle or order another

jhaud
05-13-2005, 08:53 AM
hi all,
i'm afraid i'm a carrier addict in the making... but money is an issue :( anyways... i ordered a pouch from joanna last friday (order had to be in by monday to be processed prior to her vacation.) i just received notice that her father is ill and she wasn't able to get my order out and it will now be june. i have a trip i'm leaving for may 23... do i just suffer without the sling (don't really want to take my nojo - no, i don't like it especially well) or order from elsewhere.. i could always have it delivered to my parents as i will be there 2 weeks and then i could have pouch (or other ) for travel back home. My dd is 9 mo and prefers being held to the stroller and i will be flying so have airport time. she will tolerate the stroller but not always for very long

just don't know what to do...

also... now that i've started lurking here, i thought a mei tai might also be in my future. dd prefers hip carry currently, but might be interested in facing out as she is a looky-loo

help, need affordable alternatives!
jennifer

npace19147
05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
You can do a hip carry with a mei tai, we've been successful with that, there are instructions here:

www.kozycarriers.com

You can also check out the FSOT boards at www.thebabywearer.com, there's probably either a pouch or a MT there for not too much $$ that you can get before your trip. HTH!

Slingin_Momma
05-14-2005, 05:55 PM
What size pouch do you need? If you dont mind paying for the postage...I could probably loan one to you for your trip. (LOL...maybe I need to start a sling loan service!!!!)

Just email me at [email protected] if you want to talk more privately.

jhaud
05-14-2005, 07:10 PM
I sent you an email jess

i really appreciate being able to come to these boards and get help, advice, a laugh!, and encouragement! I don't know alot of people in my area and very few moms with young kids, so i feel like this is the community where i fit best!

thank you!

lenad
05-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I just came back from a trip and used my Kozy (a Mei Tai) the most for everything. I wear my 7.5mo old dd in a hip carry in a pouch and that just doesn't leave me w/ 2 free hands as does an MT. Plus it's easier for her and me if she falls asleep, and it is very fast to put on and take off (even through airport security). So I'd say get an MT and have your pouch shipped to your parents'.

HTH,

LD

jhaud
05-16-2005, 06:46 PM
thanks for advice,

i actually am taking jess up on her advice to let me borrow a pouch and i have just purchased a mei tai through the baby wearer sale or trade board... with luck both will be here for me to try during my trip.

where did you find good directions for tying the mei tai in the hip carry? on the kozy site?

lenad
05-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Yes, there are directions for a hip carry w/ a Mei Tai on the Kozy site. I have tried it but don't find it comfortable (the top strap digs into my neck) so I use the Kozy in the front and back carries only.

Overall I think one needs a pouch, a Mei Tai and a wrap for a trip to have all the situations covered.

LD