PDA

View Full Version : Hotsling a good choice for a sling newbie?

momathome
05-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Julia is 2 months-old and wants to be held all the time. I have a BB that we use out and about but it is kind of a pain to pop her in and out of it. I think I am ready to take the sling plunge but want something very easy to use since I am a first-timer here. Is the hotsling a good choice for me or is there something better? Also, choosing a fabric is a little daunting - do most of you pick neutrals like black or do you get a funkier fabric? Does it annoy you if your sling clashes with what you are wearing? TIA!

cdlamis
05-14-2005, 01:05 PM
A Hotsling would be a great choice. Very inexpensive. You can decide from there is a pouch sling is for you, whether you want to try out different fabrics, etc. I have a Hotsling and love it. Her prices did go up a little since I bought- I think its $35 and up now so you may also try www.lucky-baby.com I think they are $25+ at lucky baby. I may buy my second pouch from her.
Good luck!
BTW- I love your daughter's name! :)

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

momathome
05-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks, Daniela! I love your dd's name, too! :) I'll check out lucky-baby.

houseof3boys
05-14-2005, 05:38 PM
I think it is a good choice if you don't think you'll wear her for long periods of time. I love mine for quick trips out and about since it folds up soooo tiny. I have the super plain one with no padding or anything.

I have a solid red one so it coordinates with lots of my wardrobe. I think if I had a crazy print, it might bother me a little bit. Don't get black since it will show every single drool.

Remember that it does take some practice to be a pro at the sling thing. I love it when they have great head control and you can wear them on your hip! That is the stage that you will *love* your sling.