PDA

View Full Version : Best "manly" sling?

goobersmom
05-20-2005, 04:20 PM
DH likes to carry our 2 month old around but wants to be able to have his hands free also. He doesn't like the front carriers and is a large man so is wary of slings and pouches. He probably won't ever carry DS on his hip so I was thinking more along the lines of a pouch. I have a KKAFP and a Lucky Baby sling (neither would fit him so he can't try them out.) I guess my question is what type of sling would be best for a large guy (5'10, 48" waist) that isn't too "girly" looking?

TIA!

Nicole

npace19147
05-20-2005, 06:18 PM
You could try a Hotsling pouch - www.hotslings.com - they have a lot of good basic solids, and a few more "manly" prints. Go for the stretch cotton with padded leg rails. If your DH doesn't like it, there's a big market for reselling them, so you wouldn't have any trouble unloading it. HTH!

Budino918
05-21-2005, 08:22 PM
My DH uses the New Native sling, which is also a pouch, and comes in quite neutral fabrics and colors (his is navy canvas). It is hands-down dd's favorite place to nap, even still at almost 7 months!

Good luck!

sdbc
05-26-2005, 07:24 PM
My DH used a beige KKACP when our daughter was an infant.

brittone2
05-27-2005, 01:14 PM
DH has his own KKAFP in royal blue w/ black trim and it looks manly/sporty to me. He doesn't mind using our Kozy (blue ticking type pattern) or our natural maya either though.

He could probably use a hotsling as the fleece is warm in the summer but he makes do w/ the maya when it is hot.

mamaAnn
05-28-2005, 02:00 AM
First one I thought of was a Zolo Khaki sling. These are very nuetral looking with a simple pocket. I may even get my DH to use it! They are a workhorse type of sling too-very sturdy cotton. He can use this for lots of different carries too-even on his back when babe is bigger.
www.zolowear.com
Ann

SlingMama11
06-05-2005, 03:58 AM
I would go with a hotsling as well. There are several prints or solid colors like the black or khaki who would appeal to a daddy.

JaysTeri
06-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Have you seen the camo pouches at Lucky Baby? If I were a man, I would want one. Of course, I mentioned it to dh and he looked at me like I was crazy! I don't think he'd wear anything w/o metal poles attached!

sophiecat
07-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Ooh, I would try
www.rockinbabyslings.com if you want a fun one w/ rings
or www.zolowear.com if you want the best ring sling (IMO)
or www.hotslings.com if you want a pouch

Good luck and kudos to your dude for wearing one, my husband wears our wilkinet, but not the sling--muttering about being 'granola'

Sarah (granola-wife)
Max 1/5/04
Kate 6/2/05